The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Whistler Blackcomb 2015/2016

You should ride the Fish more often :D. Love that board. Sold my Flight Attendant and Pick Your Line and kept my Lando and Fish hahah.

rider26 - 10 December 2015 05:47 AM

I did however do a sticker job on my Chemical Storm. You might notice an interesting one on the tail. LOL

I’ve got Now Pilots on this setup. So freakin’ stoked on these bindings and this setup in general.

Octorocker’s Tail, or Judy’s?????

Judy’s, of course.

Such an epic day up there today. Best Friday I’ve had in a while, that’s for sure. With Peak closed for the last week, and 1.4 metres of storm snow just waiting to be slayed, it was always going be a good one. Michelle had the day off too, so it was just to two of us.

We went through the mid-mountain trees early, then went over to Harmony when that opened, did one run and went over to Peak just as it was opening. Had first tracks through Doom and Gloom, before ducking into the trees. A satisfying day for sure, but definitely looking forward to more. With a 165cm base already, things are about to get pretty awesome! shaka

Today was beyond epic. Sorry if you didn’t ride today and you’re reading this. Woke up to another 37cm of overnight snow. I went up Fitz/Garb and got thigh deep freshies on Raven—that’s a groomer haha! I was one of the first down to Emerald Chair, and I did a couple of ridiculously deep laps through Ratfink and some of my other favourite mid-mountain trees. Did I mention how deep it was? Wow.

Caught up with Dan, Lu, Zoe, and Declan… and we decided to camp it out at Peak Chair as the other lifts were getting backed up. We were in line for the first chair for 2+ hours but it was oh so worth it. I don’t think I’ve ever managed first chair up Peak Chair on a day like this… let alone riding it solo haha. I was meant to go up with Lu and two others but I skated through so quickly I got my own chair and relegated them to second haha (sorry Lu). I was the first person down Whistler Bowl with was insane, before I landed in a ditch at the bottom and had to hike out (such an idiot). The other guys ripped down Shale Slope and I followed a few minutes later after I dug myself out. We then went up for a lap through VD Trees, which was the lap I was waiting for. It was as good as it gets up there. Untouched, no one had gone through yet, waist deep turns with great friends.

What a fucking day! cheese punch

It’s been a hectic week in whis!

I’ve been focusing more on shredding and less on photos/vids as both my gopro and decent camera phone broke…

I’ve had fresh lines down spanky’s, hiked showcase twice to untracked blackcomb glacier laps, done endless endless pow laps on Crystal Chair, through Fraggle Rock, fresh lines in Burnt Trees for last run of the day, first tracks from first chairs up Solar, Excellerator and Jersey, and now super deep Emerald laps yesterday with the 37cm+ day. Then to top it all off we waited 2 hours for peak to open and got very FIRST lines down Whis Bowl and Shale Slope and then an incredible line down VD trees and another through Doom and Gloom. The 2m+ mandatory air over rocks into Whis bowl was a highlight of that, I wish we had a camera going there but it was racing for fresh and avoiding getting jumped on by others doing the same raspberry

Last night I passed out on the couch at 8 pm and slept till this morning.

I think Sunday was the best day I’ve had in the last couple of years.
Totally worth the 5am start in Van. Crystal trees were shaka for lap after lap

And here’s the video of Dan testing the snow depth! LOL

Unfortunately my first tour didn’t go at work today so I went snowboarding instead. I was a little undecided at first as I went on a friends shred day yesterday “the 12 chairs of Christmas” and my body was a little stiff. I knew I’d made the right decision after digging 2/3 of a foot of snow off my car.

Dylan found me in the village randomly and got me to go up Blackcomb which was pretty good fun. Rode all around the place and got untouched pretty much everywhere including one of my favorite crystal areas just bouncing off everything in site through the trees.

I was pretty happy at this stage but seeing all the blackcomb alpine open had me thinking. I took a gamble of switching mountains and it worked out perfectly. Peak opened and I got my first real powder day up there for the year. It was top to bottom. Pretty much as good as it gets in the higher elevation being blinded for seconds at a time after turns. It’s nice to see winter is back smile

I had an awesome day out there yesterday too. Started at Blackcomb, did a few laps through the trees off the cat track to 7th Heaven (I think the trail is called Where’s Joe). Found a cool log which was super fun to hit (Log 50-50). And then finished the day off lapping Symphony, it was awesome!

A couple of photos from today on a trail above our place in Alpine…

Early morning in the village…

48cm in 48 hours. Snow base over 2 metres. How good is this!  cheese

You guys are definitely gettin the goods this season!!!!!

...and here I was asking if Whistler was going to get the short straw with that old el Nino showing his face….if I hadn’t got the cheapy aircanada fares, I would definitely be moving my trip forward!!!!

Argh the stoke in this thread is so awesome, im smiling from ear to ear looking at these pics. Awesome stuff guys, i wish Liz and I could be there. So happy this season has delivered the goods. Keep the photos and updates coming, need one like i got of Rhys early this year dropping into Flute Bowl, there would be some epic photos to be had when you all get a moment to stop wink