The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Whistler Blackcomb 2015/2016

rider26 - 30 December 2015 05:47 AM

I took some friends from Australia up to Whistler Peak yesterday. It was an incredible day, indeed.

I heard Patrol saying there were 27,000 people on both mountains yesterday (total). Nuts!

yeh 27500, the most we’ve ever had!

How’s everybody’s season going so far? When’s the next Boardworld ride day?

james88 - 22 February 2016 06:55 PM

How’s everybody’s season going so far? When’s the next Boardworld ride day?

Hey @james88, I had a really great start to the season until I injured myself. Unfortunately, I haven’t been snowboarding since January 1st. That said, I’m pretty much fully recovered now and I’m certainly looking forward to getting back out there. I will organise a BW shred day soon for sure.

How has your season been going?

It’s good to be back on my snowboard! cheese

Hey guys,

I am organising a Whistler Brewing Co. brewery tour, next Friday, March 18th. It will be in the afternoon, I think 4pm (I will confirm). The brewery is at Function Junction.

Please let me know ASAP if you would like to come (friends are welcome but let me know). @james88 @Thepowpow @Peli @finney @deanobruce @Dantheman @DylanV @Andy Aitken @RhysL @furorsekka @PosiJohn @bass6153 @Laure @Backdoor @jonny ruffo and anyone else!

Please accept the Facebook event invite if you’re attending.

Yea i’ll be keen

I’m in, thanks Jez!

I would be keen but sadly I don’t think I can make it since last lift is 4pm, and then I have to pack up, get down the mountain, get showered get to function junction etc.

Thanks for the invite Jez, but I’m still a cubicle dweller in Van at 4pm.

Sounds like good times, but I’m racing that day. Sorry man, we should catch up for a shred soon though.

Have fun crew!

Hey guys,

Here’s the Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1768382620061722/

Please tick “attending” if you’re coming. ?

Very sad news this morning. A WB ski instructor died in a tree well yesterday. ?

Be safe out there, everyone.

Thanks for the invite Jez but I’ll only be getting back to Whistler Friday afternoon from a brief visit to Sun Peaks. Would’ve been awesome!

Photos from yesterday’s Whistler Brewing Company brewery tour. ?

Followed by a bonfire at Dan’s. ?

Thanks for coming, @Dan83, @RhysL, @PosiJohn, @furorsekka, @Peli, @DylanV, @Just Giver and @bass6153. ?

I wish I went @rider26tongue wink