The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Whistler Blackcomb 2015/2016

Hughman666 - 03 December 2015 09:16 PM

Seriously wish I was heading there now - except I have 2 weeks in Margaret River over xmas first:

It’s all about that freezing level right now. It’s been raining in the valley since yesterday evening and all through the night, but the freezing level was high. I’m not heading up today—mainly because my body needs a rest—but it would be pretty sloppy up there today. The freezing level is meant to be coming down and I’ll be keeping a close eye on it. Lots of precipitation on the way.

2 weeks in Margs over chrissy - geez that’s ballsy!
I just got back from 2 weeks back home and just the traffic around Busso+Dunsy with schoolies was enough to make me want to get back to Canada quick smart.

FL’s went pretty high all over the place last night but looks like it’s gonna drop and stay mid mountain for a few days. But this time next week it looks like it’ll get nice and cold. Keeping the fingers crossed the storm systems keep backing up

Been a pretty good start to the season and this storm on the way looks awesome. Should setup all the alpine for the season just about, it’ll definitely fill the holes in whistler bowl which look pretty gnarly.

Had some great days already messing around with a bunch of different people, great thing about this time of year with the limited terrain you are pretty much guaranteed to be able to bump into someone you know up there.

Heres a few images from the season so far..

Opening Day Whistler

Blackcomb Opening Day

Rode the last 2 days open to close pretty much so the body is pretty beat up so I took today off to show a friend from home around so went up to the P2P, tonnes of snow falling up high and some very high winds so there’ll definitely be some nice wind loaded areas. I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t push to open more of the alpine this weekend such as Harmony and Crystal. There’s already access to Harmony with a small hike at the moment and I got a few nice turns in there yesterday but it definitely needs this storm to cover up a lot of exposed areas. Really all depends on how much snow falls and what the avalanche danger is so just have to wait and see.

Hey BW crew!

Just arrived in Whistler myself (delayed arrival due to uni and trip via Colorado). Booked in here for 2 weeks and gonna have a crack at finding work and accommodation! Would be awesome to meet some of you if you all head out for dinner or go riding sometime!

James

Backdoor - 04 December 2015 07:56 AM

2 weeks in Margs over chrissy - geez that’s ballsy!
I just got back from 2 weeks back home and just the traffic around Busso+Dunsy with schoolies was enough to make me want to get back to Canada quick smart.

Yep it’s going to be hectic but I’m visiting family so it has to be done, also the house is a quick skip to the beach so I’m pretty happy about that, won’t be driving at all grin

Jez, yeah I saw the FL was pretty high, next few days will be interesting…

james88 - 05 December 2015 09:35 AM

Hey BW crew!

Just arrived in Whistler myself (delayed arrival due to uni and trip via Colorado). Booked in here for 2 weeks and gonna have a crack at finding work and accommodation! Would be awesome to meet some of you if you all head out for dinner or go riding sometime!

James

Welcome to Whistler, James!

You just missed a dinner at Sushi Village last night, but I’m sure there will be more.

Give me a buzz and we can catch up for a shred and introduce you to the crew.

Jeremy: 604 905 8327

Sweet Jez, I’ll shoot you a text.

I just picked up a job so might be working for the next couple of days but keen to come shred asap thumbsup

Ps. If anyone has any leads on accommodation, shoot us a message!

All good, dude. I probably won’t be riding until Tuesday anyway. Taking tomorrow off and we’re heading to the city for a night, will be back Monday sometime.

Pretty sweet up there today. I lapped Blackcomb all morning, some good snow about for sure.

Sorry I didn’t catch the rest of you guys on Whistler. I hope you have a good birthday shred day, Lu! shaka

Jeremy lapped Blackcomb? What has happened?

Whistler Alpine wasn’t open and there was no one riding Blackcomb. wink

Got first lifts every day since Wednesday and doing the same again tomorrow and probably most of the week. Conditions have been all time.
Today was the deepest day I’ve had in Whistler yet, we were in the first 10 people to ride down solar, bottomless, bumpless, steep, open powder fields snake then down to Jersey via some nice cliff drops ollie into more bottomless pow. After that we headed over to 7th trees, more wow, so much pow pow!!!  dance rocker Such a sick day!!
Will only get one lap in tomorrow first thing before I have to go to work for a meeting, then hopefully a few more before work at 12, then only on night shifts for the rest of the week thumbsup

The forecast is looking pretty good from tonight onwards.

Powder board is waxed and set up! Setting up my new Rome Agent + 390 Boss as well.

Bring on colder temps and more snow! shaka

What pow board are you riding Jez?

I still have the Chemical Storm (which I love riding) and a Burton Fish (which I am not opposed to selling).

I want to get a YES 20/20 so badly though!

I did however do a sticker job on my Chemical Storm. You might notice an interesting one on the tail. LOL

I’ve got Now Pilots on this setup. So freakin’ stoked on these bindings and this setup in general.