The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Whistler Blackcomb 2015/2016

Hey, my name is Lu, AKA Big Booty Judy.

I live in Whistler and am a part time snowboard poser, full time gear whore. I have more boards than days I ride each season.

Apart from breaking bones and being a Debbie Downer 82% of the time, I like to spend the rest of my time:
With my Bae Zoƫ
With my doges Tiger and Jade
Going to the gym
Having hot tubs
Baking delicious noms
Playing video/card/board games
Sometimes (rarely) being social

That about sums me up!

Welcome and hello to all the new and old BW faces. Looking forward to another ridiculous season, with much fewer injuries all round. TOUCH WOOD!!!!!!!

Anoyone going/want to go to sushi village for din dins opening night tonight?

Thepowpow - 06 November 2015 05:59 AM

Yes, yes I do.

We should book as soon as we know which day they are opening. It’s currently set for November 26th but I can almost guarantee you that will change.

Who would be interested in coming to Sushi Village? We will need to know exact numbers to book (and without a booking, no chance of getting a table haha).

rider26 - 06 November 2015 06:12 AM
Thepowpow - 06 November 2015 05:59 AM

Yes, yes I do.

We should book as soon as we know which day they are opening. It’s currently set for November 26th but I can almost guarantee you that will change.

Who would be interested in coming to Sushi Village? We will need to know exact numbers to book (and without a booking, no chance of getting a table haha).

http://sushivillage.com/

Check that date!

Also says 5 Nov on their door, it was the very first place I went when I arrived back here. Disappointment ensued.

Hey Everyone,

I’m Finney, been in Whistler for a few years now. When I’m not broken I like to play snowboards.

Took this shot yesterday at the bottom of solar, great to see the snow guns firing down so low, very good sign for opening day.

This is the top of the Sasquatch zip line yesterday also, was up there closing it all up for the season with the maintenance guys. It’s just near the bottom of Catskinner to give you an idea on the elevation.

A birdy tells me they might be bring opening day forward to November 14th. I’ll keep you posted as I hear more.

rider26 - 06 November 2015 07:57 AM

A birdy tells me they might be bring opening day forward to November 14th. I’ll keep you posted as I hear more.

Also have insideword/10

I cry.

IS THIS REAL LYF?

Yeah I’ve heard it could be as early as the 14th as well. Lets see what happens this weekend.

lulu_in_canada - 06 November 2015 05:19 AM

Apart from breaking bones and being a Debbie Downer 82% of the time

3% of the time being Rhys’ personal crutch.

WHOOOO! this storm is looking tasty.

Heya all, My names Dylan, been in whis for over a year now.

Work behind the bar at longhorn, live in the middle of the village, ((own room $650 all inclusive/ month) I just like rubbing that in) play snowboards when able.

definitely do not like to party…................

Hey, I’m John. I’ve been in Whistler for almost a year now.

Last season was my first attempt at snowboarding. Had a whole tonne of help from a load of Boardworld members. Looking to improve a lot more this coming season.

I’ve been gone from the forums for far too long, i’ll try and be a bit more active this season.

Not a fan of partying anymore as I get up at 4:30am every day for work now.

OK, so Mongolie Grill on Wednesday night. Who’s in?

Hey guys I’m Johnny this is my first year in Whistler, also in staff housing at Glacier and working as a rental tech. I’ve been hearing opening day is gonna be the 14th as well, 20th at the latest.

rider26 - 08 November 2015 09:40 AM

OK, so Mongolie Grill on Wednesday night. Who’s in?

I could be down for that