The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Welcome to Boardworld — Introduce Yourself Here!

Hello everyone, i thought id reintroduce myself!! haven’t been online for yonks i think about 2 years, which funnily enough is the age our daughter turns this year haha!! we are planning a trip down to jindy with family and friends late july which we are very very keen on! hope everyone is well!!

Hey @Sukah , what is it with kids stealing away time??

Be great to catch up with you for a slide. I still have some of your tunes in my playlist shaka

Hi All,

My names Adam 35 from Perth

Learnt to board 4 years ago whilst living in Dubai. Had lessons at Ski Dubai and then a month later went to Japan for my first experience in real snow. That was it i was hooked. 4 Years later and now having just booked my 5th trip to Japan, you could say I’ve got the bug.

Obviously i’m still very much an amateur compared to most but i’m not at all put off by that. The more chance i have to improve and get in the trees, on the steeps the better.

I’ll be in Nozawa in Feb and probably Rusutsu also. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. Likewise if i can help you out with any travel or general info re honshu please drop me a line.

Loving this forum, it’s giving me my fix even though Feb 17 is a long way away.

Cheers

Adam

Hey @awindley, welcome to BW!!!!!

I’m off to Japan again myself come February!!!!!

I’m not sure which one is more addictive, Snowboarding, or Japan????? ?

Thanks Mizu Kuma,

I think the simple answer is both!!!! Japan is exceptional for some many reasons.

Where will you be going too? I’m still trying to decide where else i should try, i’m already booked in to Nozawa but looking at somewhere in Hokkaido.

Mizu Kuma - 21 May 2016 07:46 PM

Hey @awindley, welcome to BW!!!!!

I’m off to Japan again myself come February!!!!!

I’m not sure which one is more addictive, Snowboarding, or Japan????? ?

I’ll be goin to Furano, then base myself Asahikawa, and again in Kutchan, and finish off down Honshu at Madarao!!!!!

With a couple other non snow stops in there!!!!!

Madarao was pretty awesome this year, I would say it’s the pick of the places around Myoko Kogen (followed by Sugi), mainly because the terrain is pretty varied, there are a few steeps, some good sidecountry and also because it’s inter-connected with Tangram so you’re basically getting double-double on the one pass. Plenty of terrain to keep you happy for a few days and on the Saturday that we went, we were the only Westerners around and not much by way of crowds. 

The downside is that it’s a 30-40 minute cab ride from Myoko ($70 each way) but there is plenty of accommodation around if you’re ok with a quieter nightlife.

This Feb we will be heading back to Myoko for 3 days (Sugi is pretty awesome) and then 3 days at Madarao, followed by a couple at Nazowa.

Do you have dates yet Mizu?

Hughman666 - 22 May 2016 11:00 AM

Madarao was pretty awesome this year, I would say it’s the pick of the places around Myoko Kogen (followed by Sugi), mainly because the terrain is pretty varied, there are a few steeps, some good sidecountry and also because it’s inter-connected with Tangram so you’re basically getting double-double on the one pass. Plenty of terrain to keep you happy for a few days and on the Saturday that we went, we were the only Westerners around and not much by way of crowds. 

The downside is that it’s a 30-40 minute cab ride from Myoko ($70 each way) but there is plenty of accommodation around if you’re ok with a quieter nightlife.

This Feb we will be heading back to Myoko for 3 days (Sugi is pretty awesome) and then 3 days at Madarao, followed by a couple at Nazowa.

Do you have dates yet Mizu?

Yeah mate, got all my dates/accomo/etc already locked in!!!!!

Stayin at the Madarao Kogen Hotel!!!!!

Will be def addin the Tangram Circus supplement onto the passes!!!!!

Comin into Madarao on the weekend, so hopefully the crowds aren’t too hectic!!!!! Will be late feb!!!!!

Awesome, what dates are you there? We haven’t booked yet but will plan around it so we can have a shred…

Mizu Kuma - 22 May 2016 05:36 AM

I’ll be goin to Furano, then base myself Asahikawa, and again in Kutchan, and finish off down Honshu at Madarao!!!!!

Furano - I heard that’s the place to be now!!

Mizu Kuma - 22 May 2016 05:36 AM

Furano - I heard that’s the place to be now!!

Hey O.
Name is Dylan…
Am keen to kick around on this site and catch up with a few of you guys for a shred.
I’m sure i’ve prob met a bunch of you online before.

Am keen on starting a weather based thread soon..  , alas the forecast looks a wee bit wet and unhappy for the next 7 days.
alas.

Welcome to Boardworld, @Donza! Good to see you around these parts! shaka

Cheers @rider26

Welcome Donza!

Keen to see a weather thread get off the ground here this season!

Don’t forget to post in the Perisher thread too!