The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

the Devo thread!!

lanox - 08 August 2015 10:00 AM
cords - 07 August 2015 03:56 PM

what is the actual diagnosis of that called?

cords reports said degenerative disc disease

That’s crazy shitty dude. Is there a fix? By asking i truly am hopeful for some bionic scientific what-evs (that’s official speak) for replace or adapt or something?!

Looks ugly, Lano.  Are they going to fuse the vertebrae or something?

had a bit of a read about it here:

http://www.spine-health.com/conditions/degenerative-disc-disease/lumbar-degenerative-disc-disease-ddd

Interested because I have a back condition myself which presents itself as stress fractures with a bulging disc. At the age of 16 I was told ‘no weight bearing activities, no activities with leaping/bounding (snowboard jumps anyone?) etc….but I have been able to manage it fairly effectively.

Hoping you can, too! Who are you seeing about it? A physio?

cords - 10 August 2015 10:26 AM

had a bit of a read about it here:

http://www.spine-health.com/conditions/degenerative-disc-disease/lumbar-degenerative-disc-disease-ddd

Interested because I have a back condition myself which presents itself as stress fractures with a bulging disc. At the age of 16 I was told ‘no weight bearing activities, no activities with leaping/bounding (snowboard jumps anyone?) etc….but I have been able to manage it fairly effectively.

Hoping you can, too! Who are you seeing about it? A physio?

Hey, yes I was told I can snowboard as long as I don’t fall or do jumps hahahah.
At this stage I am trying to find a good sports doctor to see what I should be doing to ease the pain and not to injury it further.

This is what rheumatologist told me

No running
No weight lifting/anything that is putting pressure from my shoulder down I shouldn’t be doing it.
No more soccer
he even told me not to wear a backpack to get my self a wheel bag, ( No efen way i am going through city pulling back with only laptop and few other things in it).

and all other bunch of things.

Mudhoney - 09 August 2015 09:30 PM

Looks ugly, Lano.  Are they going to fuse the vertebrae or something?

Not at this stage he said its not completely collapsed and few other reasons ..

yeah it was the sports physician that told me those things. I would see one of those and also take the scans and previous information along to a physiotherapist and get an opinion from them as well.

Doctors and physios etc.. All apply learned knowledge that is mostly based on less than 50years of scientific knowledge.

Do what feels right and YOU feel comfortable with.

I would rather live to 50 doing what I enjoy than to 90 in a wheel chair doing what medical professionals tell me.

I do believe most ‘medic pros’ would wrap everyone in cotton wool to treat injury instead of considering the patients life requirements.
Life does not equate to doing nothing because of injury. It’s about adapting so you can continue to enjoy living.

Hope you find a solution soon.

So, my house gets broken into!!!!! Again!!!!!!!!!!!

What the fuck is wrong with people?????

^ Aww crap dude, that sucks!!!!! I hope they didn’t take anything of big personal value. =(

grunge - 12 October 2015 02:53 PM

^ Aww crap dude, that sucks!!!!! I hope they didn’t take anything of big personal value. =(

Cheers, mate!!!!!

Insurance has got the material things sorted, but they stole the Grandkids Money Tins!!!!!

They had their names written on them, and 1/4 full of 5c Coins that they were puttin in whenever they came to visit!!!!!

Pure lowlifes!!!!! Very disappointed in mankind!!!!!

^ Ugh… now THAT’S the worst… =(

Well I hope the thieves get busted. that really sucks.

thumbsup

Mizu Kuma - 12 October 2015 03:23 PM

Cheers, mate!!!!!

Insurance has got the material things sorted, but they stole the Grandkids Money Tins!!!!!

They had their names written on them, and 1/4 full of 5c Coins that they were puttin in whenever they came to visit!!!!!

That’s cold man, Heartless.

SnowDragon - 12 October 2015 07:07 PM
Mizu Kuma - 12 October 2015 03:23 PM

Cheers, mate!!!!!

That’s cold man, Heartless.

I was thinkin the same thing!!!!! Especially if I find out who did it!!!!!

Tore my ACL last weekend playing football. Jumped up for an uncontested header from a corner and must have landed funny. Hurt like hell and my header didn’t even go in (just over the bar)...No snowboarding for me for a while. :-(