The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

the Devo thread!!

TJswish - 23 March 2015 10:18 AM

Spaz, you wear a knee brace to snowboard and have always been injured since I’ve known you… lol

Because of how I ride maybe…?

Doesn’t help that an ACL can’t heal without surgery… so I’m permanently injured until I get a knee reco.

Locked out of my Facebook account because I won’t (or can’t) supply them with photo ID.

How stupid is it that Facebook wants me to scan and send them my ID?!?!

Blizzard does that as well. With the ammount of times they have been hacked, they can get F’d if they think im sending them a scan of my ID.

DEVO.

I finally get down time so get weekends off and THERE’S MINIMAL SNOW COVERAGE whaaaaaat.

rabblerabble

A broken hand has got me all devo like this week. Got it caught in an awkward position at touch footy now its double its usual size.

Has kept me out of the bike park which is the worst part, was starting to hit bigger stuff before this happened.

Damn deano that sucks, hope it heals up quick

Broken hand sucks!!! That’d get in the way of everything.

I’m another for the knee squad.
It’s been a week since the stupid skier girl took me out in the lift queue, and it’s still swollen and bruised and I’m still battling to do any more than walk on it.  Sucks because my going home and ‘gotta get fit’ regime is now sitting on the couch being a sook…

Such a stupid thing, a silly girl who wanted to get through the masses to get to her friends, doesn’t ask, doesn’t just catch a later chair like the rest of us would…noooo..she tried to push past and shoves her stupid ski under my back foot and knocks my board - GONE, down like I was shot.  And my right knee (back foot) landed on her ski binding. 

What is wrong with a bit of courtesy?
Excuse me, I’m a big baby and would really like to get past a dozen people to ride the chair with my friends who didn’t wait for me, can I get past?

deanobruce - 05 July 2015 02:31 PM

A broken hand has got me all devo like this week. Got it caught in an awkward position at touch footy now its double its usual size.

Has kept me out of the bike park which is the worst part, was starting to hit bigger stuff before this happened.

Bummer man.  disappointed Sorry to hear that.

Devo Deano, you sure are good at hurting yourself!! downer

Devo too LMB, I HATE when that happens, and now you’re paying for it! Betcha she got off without a scratch

Billy - 07 July 2015 08:10 AM

Devo Deano, you sure are good at hurting yourself!! downer

Devo too LMB, I HATE when that happens, and now you’re paying for it! Betcha she got off without a scratch

True.
PB told me afterward if I couldn’t take her down with me I should’ve at least lifted the elbow on the way down to leave her something to remember me by… LOL
But honestly, it was instant.  Lucky I fall well.  At my age I could break a hip!  mizu  wink2

It happens.
I’m just annoyed that I didn’t fall (myself) once all trip, should’ve returned home feeling good, which would make a nice change for my recent SH history - came back from NZ with a beacon sized bruise on my ribs and from Hotham with a broken arm.  Ohhh well….keeping with tradition I suppose.

I still have a nice size egg and chunk of skin missing from my left shin after some muppet run into me at Bluecow with their board a couple of weeks ago.  Obvious beginner turned and noticed they were heading towards me, got closer, panicked and did the classic look at exactly what you’re trying to avoid mistake that beginners do. Sat down on his arse as a last ditch attempt to miss me which resulted in him ramming the nose of his board into my shin. 

All this took about 3 seconds whilst travelling at maybe 20kmh, I think all I managed to say was WTF before he was left behind.  If I’d had a look at the mess he made of my shin at the bottom I woulda waited around to give him a full serve but as it was it wasn’t till I took my boots off at the car.  Big egg and a 10c piece chunk of skin missing, dickheads.

NBG - 07 July 2015 11:58 AM

I still have a nice size egg and chunk of skin missing from my left shin after some muppet run into me at Bluecow with their board a couple of weeks ago.  Obvious beginner turned and noticed they were heading towards me, got closer, panicked and did the classic look at exactly what you’re trying to avoid mistake that beginners do. Sat down on his arse as a last ditch attempt to miss me which resulted in him ramming the nose of his board into my shin. 

All this took about 3 seconds whilst travelling at maybe 20kmh, I think all I managed to say was WTF before he was left behind.  If I’d had a look at the mess he made of my shin at the bottom I woulda waited around to give him a full serve but as it was it wasn’t till I took my boots off at the car.  Big egg and a 10c piece chunk of skin missing, dickheads.

Ouch!
It should be explicitly taught in lesson one, right after don’t let your board run away…
Look there - go there, look at it, hit it.  Don’t want to hit that tree/person/etc - look at something else!
teacherboy

Be a man, ride anyway!

NBG - 07 July 2015 11:58 AM

Dyldo took out one of ouzr buddies at full speed in winter, that resulted in a few stithes on his knee and a hole in his pants, thermals and socks!

NBG - 07 July 2015 12:13 PM

Be a man, ride anyway!

Haha mate i couldnt even grip my toothbrush let alone my bars. I am happy to sit out for a week or 2.