The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Perisher 2015

Let us know when you are heading down drc smile might be worth checking Costco, they tend to have specials on lift tickets, usually aimed at beginners though (including equipment and clothing hire etc)

For those of you who don’t have me on facie or insta.

Easily the biggest drop Iv ever hit.
Never even checked this to see how big it was.  Was certainly alot bigger then I thought..  rode away super clean and frothing.  So stoked

Solid rock jump/drop at the top of Interceptor

I know that one well, Dylan did it a couple of years back at fair speed from memory, solid drop to, well done.

Dave I’m not sure if I will be here next weekend or not bud but if I am I will ride with u for sure.

Had a ball today, yesterday was a bit average by today was a cracker.

I am down the 15/16th of Aug and then the 22/23rd.

Free riding (not working) on the 22nd and 23rd.

NBG we should do dinner or something, but staying in thredbo the 22/23rd so will have to be the week before.

DRC you were thinking the 15t/16th?

mattyp - 06 August 2015 04:58 PM

For those of you who don’t have me on facie or insta.

Easily the biggest drop Iv ever hit.
Never even checked this to see how big it was.  Was certainly alot bigger then I thought..  rode away super clean and frothing.  So stoked

Solid rock jump/drop at the top of Interceptor

Yep, I’ve hit that one a few times too Matty, such a dope spot! I did mess my leg up one time but just a minor injury wink

hows the base looking? somehow, after a week that perisher said 80cm fell, the base increased 40cm. the last week 30cm fell, its increased by 27cm. snowy hydro usually do measurements on Thursdays. for some reason they did it Monday this week. I smell a perisher rat with a brown paper bag, getting the
depth read before the snow had time to settle. my bet is that next thurs, with another 25 forecast, the official depth will increase only to 135.

I’d always looked at it from the lift and thought I should do it.  Never realised how high it was though.  Certainly didn’t come slow into it!

Found out the hole I landed in was made by a skier the day before completely axing himself!

A couple of shots from yesterday. Credit: Alen Zvokelj / Boardworld

Scotty James

Pete Long

Had an awesome 8 days at Perisher playing in the fluffy stuff. the low-vis snow days were followed immediately by gorgeous blue skies. wish I could restart the week and have at it again!

On my last day I caught up with Holly (h0z) and Martin, they showed me some new tracks and offered some advice on gear, was good riding with people higher level even though they were injured and just cruised with me.

Bring on the next trip!

Stitch of my biggest air at rock garden.
Missed the grab by a mile and washed out on landing haha.

Boardworld @ Perisher Photo Album from the past few days.

blizzard_22 - 05 August 2015 05:41 PM

Let us know when you are heading down drc smile

NBG - 06 August 2015 06:12 PM

Dave I’m not sure if I will be here next weekend or not bud but if I am I will ride with u for sure.

ozgirl - 06 August 2015 06:36 PM

DRC you were thinking the 15t/16th?

OK I’m pretty much a lock for this weekend (shred Saturday and Sunday, probably go for a hike Monday unless conditions are epic)

I’m likely to be a bit of a zombie on Saturday (been a long time since I’ve done the 2am drive down) the kids are off to a music festival that night so keep me posted if you guys are down there shaka

We are def down.

Things are a little up in the air for Saturday night - but will keep you update!

Otherwise see you on the hill bright and early on Saturday grin

Was great to see you Saturday drc smile hope you enjoyed the rest of your shred time!

How many big name pros are at perisher or on their way there.? ...... Shitloads I tell you and some big names too!! Anyone heading there is Def in for a show over the next few weeks, I’m jealous!!

blizzard_22 - 16 August 2015 07:40 PM

Was great to see you Saturday drc smile hope you enjoyed the rest of your shred time!

Was great to see you guys as well, glad you spotted me in the crowd!

trentradpants - 18 August 2015 11:25 PM

How many big name pros are at perisher or on their way there.? ...... Shitloads I tell you and some big names too!!

Sorry mate but this big name pro left on Monday, you’re right though when Silje heard I was back in town she couldn’t get there quick enough! :D

Well that was a fun little weekend, fairly decent coverage all over the mountain. A few nice quick runs on Saturday over at Mt P (immediately enjoyed getting some turns in) before it got crazy hot and I started stripping layers as the snow softened. I could have happily stayed over there but we made our way back to BC and Guthega finding some massive lift lines along the way. Unfortunately Perisher customer service got a big thumbs down from me after my lift ticket stopped working at the end of the day.

Sunday we started at Smiggs and didn’t really leave, lift lines on the t-bars were minimal and I was having enough fun lapping that area.

Monday the weather had closed in so I didn’t end up riding (hard to justify the ticket cost for a couple of hours in the wind)

Enjoying the turns

Love riding with this crew