The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Japan 2015/16

LMB - 02 July 2015 09:48 AM
brenno - 02 July 2015 08:51 AM

hi oz, whats the go with myoko? we are looking at staying at hakuba, but the lodge we are looking at have one in myoko, and it looks really good. whats the mountains/terrain like? less crowds id imagine? the guy that sent the email reckons it gets the largest
snowfall in japan, which was surprising. heeeeeelllp!!!!

I’m one of those going to Myoko with Oz, but we are all Myoko Virgins.
I suppose we will see come Feb!
dance

^^ this exactly.

We have no idea either!

Just keen to check out another area of Japan!

Honestly I think you could do a week at each. The resorts are pretty small (ie non have 50 lifts like perisher for example!) and no a huge amount of back country to explore.

So explore other resorts!

But there are heaps of resorts around Hukuba so you can explore there as well! But the night lift is limited. We were craving some action when I went to Hukuba.

Pretty sure both DRC & Lanox have been!!!!!

Just did a quick search (seems search only defaults to thread titles only with that word)

Found one thread…

https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/18214

thanks for the link oz. what week are you guys going? we are heading around mid feb. we may do half trip at myoko and half at hakuba based at happo one

LMB and I (and my man!) will be there from the 21st Feb.

So make you Myoko week the second week! shaka

I would pretty much guess that you lodge would transfer you between for next to nix (if not free!) Japan is like that!

we are going either 10th or 17th for 10days. prob go myoko first I reckon. save the longer runs at hukuba for the back end when we will need the fitness to build lol

Hot diggity! smile

Adding up the costs for a snow adventure for Feb next year in Hakuba. Can get out of control this snowboarding with costs, but the experience would be worth it.

brenno - 03 July 2015 04:57 PM

we are going either 10th or 17th for 10days. prob go myoko first I reckon. save the longer runs at hukuba for the back end when we will need the fitness to build lol

OOOOOOORRRRRRRrrrrr you could look at it that you are fresh and unbroken for Hakuba and save the fun of Myoko to nurse you through the sore bits with laughter….  cheese  wink  billy

bkrtron - 07 July 2015 06:12 PM

Hot diggity! smile

Adding up the costs for a snow adventure for Feb next year in Hakuba. Can get out of control this snowboarding with costs, but the experience would be worth it.

Cheaper to do 2 weeks in Hakuba than 2 weeks in Thredbo!  You’re actually SAVING money.
(I’m more than happy to enable your addicted behaviour…)

bkrtron - 07 July 2015 06:12 PM

Hot diggity! smile

we are looking at about 100 bucks a day accom ,breakie and lift tickets. flights about grand, or I can use points but still pay 450.
ive dropped about 9 thousand on snow stuff in the last 15 months so far. but at least when my life flashes before my eyes when im about to expire, it should be a good short movie!

We have booked a 200 square meter town house at Niseko from 27/12/2015 to 10/01/2015 that sleeps 12 for AU$10,000.00 which I think is pretty sweet. However, my first place to look for accom now is always AirBnB. Unfortunately there was nothing in town that was big enough on AirBnB but it’d definitely worth a look. We (me and Wifey) stayed mostly in AirBnB apartments during our 6 week Europe trip and they were sweeeeet!

unremarkable - 11 July 2015 06:08 PM

We have booked a 200 square meter town house at Niseko from 27/12/2015 to 10/01/2015 that sleeps 12 for AU$10,000.00 which I think is pretty sweet. However, my first place to look for accom now is always AirBnB. Unfortunately there was nothing in town that was big enough on AirBnB but it’d definitely worth a look. We (me and Wifey) stayed mostly in AirBnB apartments during our 6 week Europe trip and they were sweeeeet!

That’s a big size crew you can fit there.
I’ll be in town for that time period also.
At times it’ll be like a backpackers with 9 in our sleeps 6 apartment wink

LMB - 11 July 2015 06:53 PM

That’s a big size crew you can fit there.
I’ll be in town for that time period also.
At times it’ll be like a backpackers with 9 in our sleeps 6 apartment wink

That’ll be heaps cozy! Depending on how things go we could end up with about 15 so it may be a similar situation.

Yep.  Very cosy.
But it’ll be great fun.

However it should only be a few days to a week with that many depending on when they can all get over.  The vast majority of time it’ll be 4 bodies - so much more civilized.

its just painful with big groups. there are always peps that are really organised that will be ready to get out the door on time, and those that are slow and don’t care. and in the end people start getting shitty with each other. 4 is a good number, cause you can pair off if wanting to different things and not worry about a huge crew. learnt that the hard way!

HAHA - LMB with her hubby and blood offspring equals 6….