The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Japan 2015/16

cords - 03 August 2015 03:36 PM

anyone got hints for finding cheap accommodation? It is all looking so exxy! Even the pensions!

There is such a difference between the accommodation styles and costs. I was going to a Ryokan but that was more expensive than a western style. I decided to just go for lodge style as I couldn’t find that diamond in the rough.

bkrtron - 03 August 2015 08:07 PM

anyone got hints for finding cheap accommodation? It is all looking so exxy! Even the pensions!

There is such a difference between the accommodation styles and costs. I was going to a Ryokan but that was more expensive than a western style. I decided to just go for lodge style as I couldn’t find that diamond in the rough.

we are staying at morino lodge in both places. 11 nights just under 500 each with full breakkie.

anyone know of anywhere in Niseko with similar prices to that?

The place Billie stays in is cheap!

Check the old threads. I will ask here to come post here on facebook.. gotta ask her another question.

brenno - 04 August 2015 08:54 AM

we are staying at morino lodge in both places. 11 nights just under 500 each with full breakkie.

Morino Lodge looks very nice and that’s a great deal with a crew. Close to lifts.

bkrtron - 07 August 2015 10:03 AM
brenno - 04 August 2015 08:54 AM

Morino Lodge looks very nice and that’s a great deal with a crew. Close to lifts.

we are staying in dorm rooms at both. but in saying that its 4 beds at each, and theres 4 of us.and myoko has its own bathroom. one of the owners said its the same as the other rooms pretty much. they just wanted a dorm room cause that’s what they slept in when younger and want to offer a cheaper room.

We’re off to Japan in Feb - first time - woo hoo!

We’ve got 9 nights in Myoko (me, the husband and 2 friends) and 7 in Niseko (just me and the hubby).

We are thinking about hanging around Tokyo for a night before heading over to Myoko. My husband and I certainly aren’t city people so despite Tokyo probably having a lot to see I think that we will reach our limit and be keen to get out after about 24 hours. With that in mind - any recommendations on where to stay to make the most of 24 hours? And any MUST sees?

geniass - 18 August 2015 06:01 PM

We’ve got 9 nights in Myoko (me, the husband and 2 friends) and 7 in Niseko (just me and the hubby).

We are thinking about hanging around Tokyo for a night before heading over to Myoko. My husband and I certainly aren’t city people so despite Tokyo probably having a lot to see I think that we will reach our limit and be keen to get out after about 24 hours. With that in mind - any recommendations on where to stay to make the most of 24 hours? And any MUST sees?

Allow me to answer my own question by actually reading back through the thread!!  wall

Mizu Kuma - 24 June 2015 04:37 PM

Like oz is doin, for a good price I reckon Airbnb would be the go!!!!!

I’d stay in Shinjuku, somewhere close to the Train Station so you can get around the city without drama!!!!! You can use the Yamanote Line to loop the city and see most major attractions in a couple days stay!!!!! Plus from Shinjuku, simply catch the Marounouchi Line to take you to Tokyo Station that will see you on a Shinkansen to Nagano!!!!! Again, a very easy transit!!!!!

West of Shinjuku Station is quieter than East side!!!!! All depends on what you want!!!!!

What dates geniass?

Travel insurance for off-piste riding? What companies you are cats rolling with?

LMB - 19 August 2015 04:15 PM

What dates geniass?

Myoko 13 - 22 Feb and Nikseo 22 - 28 Feb
rocker nutjob

geniass - 19 August 2015 04:56 PM
LMB - 19 August 2015 04:15 PM

What dates geniass?

Myoko 13 - 22 Feb and Nikseo 22 - 28 Feb
rocker nutjob

We might get a chance for a high 5 on the way past wink shaka
Oz and I will be leaving Myoko after 7 days there on the 27th, heading to Niseko for a week.

Flights, flights, flights what company is taking you? I have been looking for flights from Melbourne and Jetstar seems the only one with a direct flight, but I would prefer Qantas.

bkrtron - 24 August 2015 01:46 PM

Flights, flights, flights what company is taking you? I have been looking for flights from Melbourne and Jetstar seems the only one with a direct flight, but I would prefer Qantas.

we doing Qantas out of Sydney direct overnight

I’m with JAL through the day, and overnight home!!!!!

I hate doin the overnight on the way over!!!!! Can’t sleep in a movin object, and work night shifts for a livin!!!!!