The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Do you have any questions regarding employment at Whistler Blackcomb?

Hey guys,

I have a meeting the Whistler Blackcomb’s Recuiting Coordinator this Friday. The purpose of the meeting is to ask any questions which you would like answered in regards to their recruitment policies, how it all works, what you need to do etc.

If you have any questions you would like answered, now would be the time to ask them. I already have some standard questions I want to ask, but please give me additional questions. Please reply below with any questions and I will make sure they get asked.

This is awesome! Thanks so much for setting this up, it’s going to be a big help for me and a lot of other people :D

No worries, Alysha.

Do you have any specific questions?

Can an old fart get a job at Whistler?

How would I get a visa?

smile

I can answer that.

You can get a job at Whistler Blackcomb if you can legally work in Canada. But no, because you can’t get a work visa. You can only apply for a work visa up to the age of 30.

But you are welcome to come visit me. wink

I also have a meeting with a The Working Holiday Club representative for Canada on the weekend.

Any specific questions for them, please reply below.

rider26 - 17 March 2015 12:55 PM

You can only apply for a work visa up to the age of 30.

I thought it was 31 - ie you can apply whilst you are still 30?

I think you are correct. I applied before my 31st birthday.

rider26 - 17 March 2015 09:21 AM

No worries, Alysha.

Do you have any specific questions?

Not really, just what I said in the email wanting to know when to arrive when will the fair be on.

rider26 - 17 March 2015 12:56 PM

I also have a meeting with a The Working Holiday Club representative for Canada on the weekend.

Wish we could ask Whistler why the working holiday club has such a monopoly on the job market there and people who actually put in a bunch of effort and enthusiasm gets put behind people who pay money and sit on their asses to get jobs…

#1 Daughter tells us that Canada have changed their working visa policy and its going to be a lot harder from now on.

Azz - 17 March 2015 08:17 PM

#1 Daughter tells us that Canada have changed their working visa policy and its going to be a lot harder from now on.

Ahhhh feck this is not what I want to hear, i’m in the process of applying for my visa. Hope I get approved rolleyes

TJswish - 17 March 2015 08:00 PM

Wish we could ask Whistler why the working holiday club has such a monopoly on the job market there and people who actually put in a bunch of effort and enthusiasm gets put behind people who pay money and sit on their asses to get jobs…

Don’t worry, I have many questions about this. I also have a meeting with the TWHC people the following day.

Australia — Working Holiday

As of March 3, 2015, at 17:00 Eastern Standard Time (EST) (March 4, 2015, at 09:00 Canberra time), the Working Holiday category is open to Australian citizens.

Description: The Working Holiday category is designed for Australian citizens who intend to travel in Canada and who wish to find temporary paid employment to help pay for their stay (up to 24 months).
Quota: unlimited
Spots available: unlimited
Opened on: March 3, 2015, at 17:00 EST (March 4, 2015, at 09:00 Canberra time)

Determine your eligibility

Note: As an Australian citizen, you may participate in the Working Holiday category only once. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you may participate in IEC one more time through the International Co-op (Internship) category.

If you participated in IEC before 2015, you are eligible for a final participation of up to 24 months in the category of your choice.

To be eligible for the Working Holiday category, you must:

• be an Australian citizen,
• have a valid Australian passport for the duration of your stay in Canada – your work permit in Canada will not be longer than the validity of your passport,
• be between the ages of 18 and 30 (inclusive) at the time of application,
• have the equivalent of C$2,500 to help cover your expenses,
• be able to take out health insurance for the duration of your stay – you may have to present evidence of this insurance when you enter Canada,
• be admissible to Canada,
• have, prior to departure, a round-trip ticket or the financial resources to purchase a departure ticket for the end of your authorized stay in Canada,
• not be accompanied by dependents and
• pay the fees.

rider26 - 18 March 2015 04:01 AM
TJswish - 17 March 2015 08:00 PM

Don’t worry, I have many questions about this. I also have a meeting with the TWHC people the following day.

Yeah because I would like to try for lifty and I should have just as much of a chance as what TWHC people have, it’s not fair at all if that’s how it works with them getting first pick etc.

rider26 - 18 March 2015 04:08 AM

Australia — Working Holiday

As of March 3, 2015, at 17:00 Eastern Standard Time (EST) (March 4, 2015, at 09:00 Canberra time), the Working Holiday category is open to Australian citizens.

Description: The Working Holiday category is designed for Australian citizens who intend to travel in Canada and who wish to find temporary paid employment to help pay for their stay (up to 24 months).
Quota: unlimited
Spots available: unlimited
Opened on: March 3, 2015, at 17:00 EST (March 4, 2015, at 09:00 Canberra time)

Determine your eligibility

Note: As an Australian citizen, you may participate in the Working Holiday category only once. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you may participate in IEC one more time through the International Co-op (Internship) category.

If you participated in IEC before 2015, you are eligible for a final participation of up to 24 months in the category of your choice.

To be eligible for the Working Holiday category, you must:

• be an Australian citizen,
• have a valid Australian passport for the duration of your stay in Canada – your work permit in Canada will not be longer than the validity of your passport,
• be between the ages of 18 and 30 (inclusive) at the time of application,
• have the equivalent of C$2,500 to help cover your expenses,
• be able to take out health insurance for the duration of your stay – you may have to present evidence of this insurance when you enter Canada,
• be admissible to Canada,
• have, prior to departure, a round-trip ticket or the financial resources to purchase a departure ticket for the end of your authorized stay in Canada,
• not be accompanied by dependents and
• pay the fees.

Damm so we really can’t work any longer then two years, well that sucks I was planning on staying in Canada for longer then two years. Oh well if I have get approved for a 24month visa I better make the most if it.