The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Trick Tips With Mitch Faber

likeaboss - 27 May 2012 10:06 PM

When I go to do a 50 50, my front truck always lands first on the ledge. Advice would be greatly apreaciated. thanks!

likeaboss, love the name LOL

How are your ollies mate? locked in? Is the ledge a high ledge? or gutter height? If the ledge your are trying to 5050 is heigher than your ollie height this is prob part of the reason. Sometimes when olling onto a really high ledge which is just that bit above their ollie, the use the front trucks to help pull them up. This is usually on stuff at least above waist height though.

To lock in nicely to your 5050 it is best to land either both trucks at the same time, or back first and then guide your front one into a a locked in position. If you have a good ollie, some possble problems may be you are ollieing too far from the ledge and your back truck cant make the distance. Not enough speed. You are hitting the ledge with too much angle towards it.

Give us a bit more info of the scenario and we can help a bit more. good luck

likeaboss - 27 May 2012 10:06 PM

When I go to do a 50 50, my front truck always lands first on the ledge. Advice would be greatly apreaciated. thanks!

the reason why your landing into front truck first is because your weight is not centre.
your leaning over your front nose when trying to ollie into position of a 50-50.

this is how you do nosegrinds you ollie like a 50-50 but apply your weight over the front truck and nose.

just centre out your weight.

good luck

Great videos, cheers

Alexgibbson - 28 June 2012 04:55 AM

I think Mitch have great knowledge and uses these tricks that’s why he write it in the great manner. skate boards[/url]

lol @spam

haha agreed. Im moving this one to the recycle bin

at least he seemed to have read the thread lol

ive been skating for nearly 5 months, i still cant land a kickflip or heelflip, i litterally watch your vids every day before i try , i can land my back foot when trying the kickflip, but never land anything else :(

help me with my ollies! when ever i land my so called ollies, my shoulders hurt. i cant get the board to level out in mid air, and it would only start to level out as i come down. Basically im not gettin any height on my ollies. also, sometimes i the board wont stick to my feet and end up behind or in front of me. Help!!

BenQuinn - 21 August 2011 03:16 AM

hey i’m having some trouble landing my kcikflips. I can get the flick n that all good but i can only land one foot (my front foot) because the board lands too far infront for my backfoot to get on the board. pls help :(

im having trouble too i always ethier the board shoots in front or i dont get enough air please help me

Hey Guys,
Im having problems with my ollies because i just cant slide up my foot most of the time
which i think makes my ollies very low .
thanks

Dude i’m getting the Rolling part correct but i don’t get the Ollie that much, after i got my board i kept on trying to ollie but i couldn’t do it may i ask how long did it took you to learn the Ollie Bro.

Jude Lizowski - 01 October 2012 10:26 AM

Dude i’m getting the Rolling part correct but i don’t get the Ollie that much, after i got my board i kept on trying to ollie but i couldn’t do it may i ask how long did it took you to learn the Ollie Bro.

it takes time and effort to land and learn the ollie.
start on grass or carpet first.

you need to get the pop and slide down pat before moving on.

both feet need to work together.

just keep at it…it will come.

Ok thanks for answering me dude but my board is a old school skateboard and i don’t know if it can do any of the tricks like the new regular boards can this days. Thanks for helping me with the videos Bro, but i just think that my old school board can’t do any ollie or kickflip and all other tricks.

Hey Jude, have you thought about purchasing a new deck? It will make your progression easier.

Duuuuude i am buying a new deck soon, cause in here the skateboards are about $1,250 so i’m still saving money for a new one while i’m saving money i’m also working on the ollie with my friends skateboard.