The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Line Up - Daily Chat :)

ozgirl - 08 May 2016 04:48 PM
Billy - 06 May 2016 02:41 PM

Yeah, not excited about the plane ride over though!  shock

My mates just did it this week with an almost 18mth old,

I reckon you are doing it at a better time them then,

But can hook you up with them to chat and see if they have any tips.

Thanks mate, but I’ve been chatting with Melly (have you guys met?) - she’s cabin crew for virgin - she’s got me covered! wink A few friends with kids have been giving me lots of tips too… here’s hoping!

Finally knocked together some footage from my Canada trip this past northern season (warning: contains skiing):

How to be a snow brat LOL

Thanks for sharing @Mudhoney!!! It looks like so much fun. The trees at Sun Peaks look beautiful, especially on a bluebird day! .... How awesome with your little ones - geez they can rip now! I can’t wait until Luka is old enough and we can start doing stuff like that. smile

Billy - 31 May 2016 04:25 PM

How to be a snow brat LOL

He didn’t ‘fess up to that until I saw on the video once we were back home.  That lady gave him a bit of a spray I think.

Billy - 31 May 2016 04:25 PM

Thanks for sharing @Mudhoney!!! It looks like so much fun. The trees at Sun Peaks look beautiful, especially on a bluebird day! .... How awesome with your little ones - geez they can rip now! I can’t wait until Luka is old enough and we can start doing stuff like that. smile

Yeah it’s the best now we’re all up and mobile all over the hill.  Sun Peaks was a beautiful place and I would definitely place it high on my list with a young family.

*ahhhem.. clears throat*  *sings eminem* ‘guess whos back.. back again.. guess whos back.. guess whos back.. guess whos back???

*takes a bow*

Hai guys!!!!  Been a while! How is everyone?

Counting down the days till the first trip up the hill!

blizzard_22 - 04 June 2016 05:21 PM

5 days for me!  Can’t wait.  Scraped down the board today smile

Mudhoney - 05 June 2016 08:50 PM
blizzard_22 - 04 June 2016 05:21 PM

5 days for me!  Can’t wait.  Scraped down the board today smile

Fingers crossed there’s something for you to shred, Mud!

I have been so lazy and haven’t scraped down my board yet LOL

Mud is coming to Vic snowfields, we generally man make enough to get a few runs so we don’t have to give money back. This weekend might not be great but there will probably be 3* runs here at Falls and the forecast is still looking like a good 5-10cm on Saturday AM.

It’ll be packed and probably not too fun but you’ll be riding if you really want to. (Just like how Perisher will open a patch and a rope tow and charge $20+ for it…)

Falls creek is getting a bit of a dusting for opening day. I (drunk) bought an Arbor Draft last night online… Getting a bit excited for this season :D

TJswish - 09 June 2016 10:38 AM

Mud is coming to Vic snowfields, we generally man make enough to get a few runs so we don’t have to give money back.

Hoths didn’t have anything open on QB weekend, but there were plenty of punters eyeballing the snowmaking areas which were looking pretty good, at least from a distance!  I remember school hols last year; the first week was just grass everywhere except where the snowmakers had made enough to have the village loop running, and progressively managed to add a few runs over the following days.  I have to say I was blown away by what they managed to achieve with just snowmaking and no natural.

I made the Falls Creek Daily Weather email report today:

Don’t tell anyone I was sending it in uniform LOL

Nice one, @TJswish! ?

I went for an awesome 19km hike to Cheakamus Lake yesterday with @finney, @zempheth, and @Dantheman.

Just bought tickets to the fourth phase premiere in canberra (manuka) for Sept 15. any other CBR locals are heading along and keen to catch up for a pre movie drink?