The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Line Up - Daily Chat :)

Señor Ding Dong - 18 June 2015 06:48 AM

Does anyone like doorbells?!?!

I prefer the good old Knock Knock myself.

Whatever floats your boat.  wink

Señor Ding Dong - 18 June 2015 06:48 AM

Does anyone like doorbells?!?!

Not sure, but I’ve got a funny feelin that there’s been a few that have seen your ding dong?????

^^ Separated at birth with Chapstick?

A face only a mother could love…....... and Rosi it would seem.

Yo yo yo whats the go ...

where is the freaking snow .....

Well, hello Rosi. LOL

So here is an interesting story from my parents.

Apparently about 2 weekends ago my mum woke in the middle of the night to a noise that sounded like someone being in the house.

She checked to see if my dad was in bed and he was.

The story then goes that the next thing she knows a man is standing at the foot of their bed!!

Yes seriously.

Apparently there was a lot of screaming etc and dad woke and kind of ushered him out of the house whilst mum called 000.

The ‘kid’ was very drunk, had thrown up in the lounge room taken his hoodie off and was about to climb in the bed with my parents having wandered the wrong way home and getting lost/confused.

The police showed up in time and caught the guy - called the next day and offered mum and dad 3 choices all ranging in severity.

One a small fine, 2 a slap on the wrist and an apology to my parents face to face, 3 was the most severe and included a court date and possible criminal record.

My parents chose the face to face apology and apparently helped themselves to give him a pretty strong lecture!

The sad thing is that apparently he had been done for DUI 3 days before and the Police report this stuff to Perisher and the kid lost his job.

I love how awesome my parents are in their pretty much open door policy to me and my friends/BW crew crashing over the weekend. But i now understand why the were checking and cross checking how many people were staying this past weekend and they must have jumped at every noise with us all coming in and out at all hours of the night!

OMG Oz!!!! I’d shit myself! That kid’s lucky he didn’t get one over the head with a cricket bat!

big surprise

^ ouch, that is so totally not cool.

Although how they managed to get all the way into your parents home alive is…. another story altogether.

Billy - 29 June 2015 12:17 PM

OMG Oz!!!! I’d shit myself! That kid’s lucky he didn’t get one over the head with a cricket bat!

big surprise

Yep! Could have ended very badly!

Jesus it’s lucky the kid was obviously drunk and about to pass out and not the aggressive kind of drunk :/

It’s not uncommon and I’ve heard of it happening multiple times and had it happen to myself.

Especially in the bigger hotels/apartments where every doorway looks the same.

I once heard of a couple waking up in the morning with a stranger passed out in bed with them.

Sadly, there have been horrific endings to some of these stories. One year the intruder got so freaked out and embarrassed he ran out of the apartment… only he didn’t use the doorway he came in but instead rushed out the balcony door and went straight over the railing - falling 5 stories to his death.

It’s a good idea to lock your door at night.

The daily lineup thread has exactly 222222 views. Thought it was funny.

Meanwhile, it’s puking down at Falls. Big white fluffy flakes.

Hey everyone!

After spending the weekend at Perisher with a bunch of Boardworld members, it reminded me how awesome everyone is so I’m going to try to get back into the forum. It’s been years!

FYI, my old username was static_22, just in case anyone is confused.