The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Halfpipe Under Construction For Post Season Training At Perisher

Mizu Kuma - 04 October 2013 02:39 AM

Have ya seen Crash Reel, cords?????

There was definitely others practicing Double Corks in the Pipe!!!!!

Haven’t seen it yet, no.

But if my history is correct, which I admit, it may not be…..Shaun debuted the back to back double cork to win the NZ open at Cardrona in roughly august 2009 after having practiced it in his private pipe. That left everyone (including KP) scrambling knowing they had to learn it to have chance to beat him on the TTR in the nthn hemi season….which is what they did.

update.

Delicious

Fark me that is HUGE from that angle!

WOW

Rick you are going to get an epic photog sesh in!

22 feet of huge, that’s 6.7m.

Does anyone know what day he’s riding? A mate and I are thinking of trying to catch a glimpse

blizzard_22 - 04 October 2013 07:27 PM

Does anyone know what day he’s riding? A mate and I are thinking of trying to catch a glimpse

You and dark are goin up to throw eggs at him, aren’t you!!!!!  hmmm

Yeah right - like that would be public knowledge.
You and everyone else wants to know…

Best guess would be after the long weekend. When he and all the GoPro team can get some privacy.
Though he has been seen around Jindy in the past day or so and a brief slide in Perisher yesterday.

guess we know who’s put up some of the $ now

Honestly it goes to show that they could keep a park going for quite a lot longer than regular season even after a very average one like the one we’ve just had. I hope they get some ideas out of this.

^ this. They could still be getting some revenue right now!

Lots of revenue I reckon.

If they had that exact set up open to the public I would go down.  THe only issue is getting punters to and from and servicing the park.  There’s really nothing there right now that would allow you to get from the carpark to there.  Park at the triple and walk across the creek, take the triple up and then walk down to Sun Valley where they could set up a rope tow I spose.

NBG - 08 October 2013 09:32 AM

If they had that exact set up open to the public I would go down.  THe only issue is getting punters to and from and servicing the park.  There’s really nothing there right now that would allow you to get from the carpark to there.  Park at the triple and walk across the creek, take the triple up and then walk down to Sun Valley where they could set up a rope tow I spose.

this!! ^

i think they should do this once they are done using it!!
set a rope tow up on each side.. And it would be awesome!!