The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Halfpipe Under Construction For Post Season Training At Perisher

Andy Aitken - 03 October 2013 08:30 PM

So I say welcome to Australia Shaun. Enjoy. Grow your hair back, get some looser pants… and enjoy tongue wink

hahah so true!!

I’m not complaining about the money… its definitely awesome for perisher, new groomers, or guns, or upgraded lifts, or park equipment etc. 
I’m more annoyed we watched an epic pipe get built, the day after the one on fv got demoed for snow cover (knew it was coming)  and knowing only one person is using it is kind of a waste… 

why not run a comp and let say 10 people have a day in it after he is done with it.. or better yet, a day with him… numerous other athletes do “spend a day with them and get pointers” (and again put the money into equipment or even to a charity… ( say any one who brought a day pass in sept/oct. goes in the draw.. and part of the money from that goes towards the equipment or charity…)) at least that way it gets a bit of use..

Yeah, I agree with you hOz. It would be cool to have a comp afterwards or a ride pipe with Shaun day or what ever. There’s no telling that won’t actually happen.
Perisher often runs things like “Ride with Torah for a day” competitions and stuff like that so it’s quite likely it will happen.
Of course if it doesn’t I would kind of understand. The Sochi olympics are almost here and it’s so easy to get distracted in the snow world. I can only imagine what it’s like being a big pro athlete and dealing with sponsors and photo shoots and crap like that all the time when you are trying to train. I guarantee his lesser known opposition is catching up to him for every hour he has to spend pleasing his sponsors.

Buuuuuut he’s American, so…..
TORAH TORAH TORAH!!!!!!!
Poor thing has been absolutely mobbed by marketing after the last Olympics.I hope she’s getting enough training in to do well.

sorry blizz, I am by no means Mr White’s biggest fan, but I don’t think he is obligated to do anything for fans if he doesn’t want to.

A private pipe is a private pipe and he’s used one a few years ago to be the first person to learn to do a double cork in the pipe. Because he had the ‘private pipe’, not much of the opposition really saw it coming, although there were a bunch of rumours.

I think it is just how he rolls - winning is more important than anything else to him and that is how it is and always will be. (seems to me, anyway).

Have ya seen Crash Reel, cords?????

There was definitely others practicing Double Corks in the Pipe!!!!!

Gamblor - 03 October 2013 11:12 PM

Boardworld’s got the scoop!

http://miss-snowitall.com/2013/10/03/shaun-white-training-in-australia/

And a few posts into this linked thread, and K2’s tellin Shaun White to go Eat a Dick!!!!! Bahahhaaaa!!!!!

Get a Hot Dog into ya, ya Sauce Head!!!!! LOL

What the shit is the go with the hostility?

If i paid for a pipe to be built i would tell the public to go eat a dick as well, i paid for it its mine to do as i please…

Far out people are taking this way out of context! I wrote my opinion, thats the point of a forum!

Something on the internet being taken out of context? never!

I got a message yesterday from the person whose photo I posted, concerned they would get in trouble now it’s gone “viral”.
They removed their post on the site I took it from from, too late though since it had been re-posted and shared a number of times.

Well done to BW for getting the scoop and recognition.
Well done to Perisher for utilizing snow at the end (and beyond) of the season.
Well done to Shaun White and his sponsors for pumping some funds into one of our local mountain.

Hopefully it makes worldwide news and raises the profile of Aussie snow.

im surprised it was kept quite for this long tbh, it was planned ages ago near his birthday when he visited Perisher!

Did your mate get in trouble Spaz??

Nah, just did some editing to my posts. Just in case.

I’m not even slightly surprised by this. I just hope some of our athletes get the opportunity to train there too!

Agree with spaz too. Well done to our members for being on the ball with this, Perisher for getting it done, and SW and team for doing what they need to do for a 3rd Olympic gold.

Enjoy your photo, Rick. Let us know how it goes. punch

Just posted this onto the Boardworld Facebook page.

Looks like they are building some slopestyle features behind it as well. I don’t think Shaun will even get onto the podium in slopestyle.