The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Halfpipe Under Construction For Post Season Training At Perisher

Haha

SnowFM got nothin’ on BW wink

http://snowfm.com.au/news/local/828-shaun-white-in-the-snowy-mountains

Look I get what you guys say about learning to share but this is great exposure for all aussie resprts! (and our rick! Stoked for you buddy!)

And hey if the first comment is true about the cuutter being left behind isn’t that a win to?

Rick0889 - 03 October 2013 04:25 PM

anyone gonna go and take a look up there? i have a day booked where i can shoot him! Yew!!!

How is anyone supposed to get up there without hiking?

I’m sorry but why can’t he be fan friendly like other riders.

Um blizz the quality of snow down low wouldn’t be as good.

ozgirl - 03 October 2013 05:54 PM

Umm what!?! I didn’t say anything about snow quality down low?

C’mon guys, if it was anyone else but The Sauce Head (I agree he’s a Wanker), you would be sayin how good it is?????

My problem is that I understand he is training, by why not open it up for people to go watch?! I just don’t understand.

Probably because he doesn’t want any competition to know what he’s going to bust out during competition.

blizzard_22 - 03 October 2013 06:24 PM

My problem is that I understand he is training, by why not open it up for people to go watch?! I just don’t understand.

If he’s paid for it, or made a deal with Perisher, he’s got all rights to keep it inhouse as much as he wants?????

There’s lots of venues/events that you can’t simply rock up to when you feel like it!!!!!

That’s part of everyday life!!!!!

And it’s not the first time he’s done it!

i know some of our aussie pipe riders are going to NZ to do spring training, then going to Breck, the pipe will be gone in a week anyway haha worst investment if he spent that much $$

More like Red Bull paid for it, and GoPoo

People just love to get their nickers in a twist over everything shaun white does or has done for him. If I was him and someone offered me a pipe, would I turn it down? Hell no!
Tony Hawk, Bob Burnquist, Pedro Barros and no doubt a bunch of other athletes from various extreme sports all have private pipes and parks built in their backyards, in the shape of the competitions they intend to enter. And what’s wrong with that?

If the rumours are true, it will also mean that Perisher either gets a new 22ft pipe cutter OR a butt load of money which they will put back into the resort (they really do put millions into the mountain every summer, making it better for the next season).

So I say welcome to Australia Shaun. Enjoy. Grow your hair back, get some looser pants… and enjoy tongue wink

and now its everywhere, saw a post on another website and it posted the same pic on this forum??

Thats why you dont post pics on here haha

Rick0889 - 03 October 2013 04:25 PM

anyone gonna go and take a look up there? i have a day booked where i can shoot him! Yew!!!

When I went for my last ride of the season a few days ago, I saw them building it.
It is the most bizarre sight to stand on Mt. Perisher and see a pipe being built in the middle of sun bowl. It looks kinda alien.

blizzard_22 - 03 October 2013 06:05 PM
ozgirl - 03 October 2013 05:54 PM

Umm what!?! I didn’t say anything about snow quality down low?

Thats the only way you wouldn’t have to hike to it!

Its not up there to keep prying eyes away!