The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Goals for winter season 2013

I want to learn more butters and be soo good at them i get nick named ‘western star’.
I also would like to learn/attempt/do some of those straight legged ‘candle’ airs
and as deano said, get some style into my 180’s ie less flapping of the wings and do them off bigger hits

- 3’s in leichhardt
- straight airs over FV
- boardslides
- Comfortable switch riding

Hitch hike from Canberra to jindy successfully without being violated and turned into a lamp shade.

Mcgoo - 08 June 2013 04:14 PM

Hitch hike from Canberra to jindy successfully without being violated and turned into a lamp shade.

LOL its really not that hard, i think you should start thinking of more seasonal goals for when this ones done thumbsup

I’ve been working my ass off in boring england, i’d kind of forgotten about snowboarding (I know, crazy), anyways reading this thread makes me soo want to try and send it and learn some new tricks.  Sadly that’s not happening till, at the earliest november. 

Make sure when you tick off your challenges to post the vids on the team progress board! 

Happy shredding all, JEALOUS!!!

Haha yeh start with the essentials.

I’m keen to get back 3s and front 3s stomped.
Also start hitting rails.
Never been so pumped for something in my life. Come on August.

Mcgoo - 09 June 2013 08:16 AM

Haha yeh start with the essentials.

I’m keen to get back 3s and front 3s stomped.
Also start hitting rails.
Never been so pumped for something in my life. Come on August.

niice, yea i wanna get all of those things more clean and fluent as well and on bigger stuff shaka

i wanna start on rails
go bigger
and land some 3s

Nake92 - 04 June 2013 10:56 PM

- 3’s in leichhardt
- straight airs over FV
- boardslides
- Comfortable switch riding

Im pretty much the same, except I managed to hit the FV jumps at the end of last season.

This season I will also be working on getting at least a foot of air off the top of the pipe.

goofyfooter - 13 June 2013 06:28 PM

This season I will also be working on getting at least a foot of air off the top of the pipe.

totally forgot about the pipe, hit all the FV jumps whilst at their biggest last season but the pipe still scares the bajeebas outa me, really need some learning in it i think

DylanV - 13 June 2013 07:04 PM

totally forgot about the pipe, hit all the FV jumps whilst at their biggest last season but the pipe still scares the bajeebas outa me, really need some learning in it i think

It took me ages to get the balls to hit the first jump.

The actual size of the ramp scares me. I could go off a 30ft jump with ramps the size of Leichardt and not worry too much. Thats why hitting the last jump in FV scares me more then the pipe for some reason.

I was in the Super Pipe at Whistler and was shitting myself just riding straight through it. I cant imagine the view the pros would get in the air of that thing.

goofyfooter - 13 June 2013 07:36 PM
DylanV - 13 June 2013 07:04 PM

The actual size of the ramp scares me. I could go off a 30ft jump with ramps the size of Leichardt and not worry too much. Thats why hitting the last jump in FV scares me more then the pipe for some reason.

I was in the Super Pipe at Whistler and was shitting myself just riding straight through it. I cant imagine the view the pros would get in the air of that thing.

This could seem to go off track and irrelevant, but i just like telling it because it brings back the memories :chese:

Yea i know what you mean about the size of the ramp! we had a bit of a “pow” day at the shred last year in september and the first thing a few of us did was go over to leichardt because all of the snow fell after they had finished grooming, lapping that place with fresh snow was sooooooo much fun! we decided to head back to the lodge after a while (sundeck, above the superpipe) , on the way back i decided to hit the fv park, before this i had only ever hit the first jump and none of the others, no one had riden the park at all that day, went into it, hit the first jump, that felt great, hit the second, felt even better, shit yea might aswell hit the third, stomped it with no sketchyness at all, the grin on my face would have been from ear to ear, then i thought F#*K IT, ITS ON, hit the last jump, holy shit my heart was beating in the air, nailed it! best feeling EVER!
cheese  thumbsup

i think its just the feeling of the half pipe that puts me off, will try and beat it into me this season LOL

They are doing a mini HP at yabby this year, would be good for practicing it, I’m looking to just progress from 50-50 on boxes and take my airs from natural hits to some park jumps this year. I can comfortably hit 180 Ollie’s and nollies, so 1’s and 3’s off the jumps would be great, is here much of a step up/change in approach for that?

Northern Lights - 13 June 2013 09:08 PM

They are doing a mini HP at yabby this year

I will be soooo stoked if they do LOL

DylanV - 13 June 2013 07:53 PM

Yea i know what you mean about the size of the ramp! we had a bit of a “pow” day at the shred last year in september and the first thing a few of us did was go over to leichardt because all of the snow fell after they had finished grooming, lapping that place with fresh snow was sooooooo much fun! we decided to head back to the lodge after a while (sundeck, above the superpipe) , on the way back i decided to hit the fv park, before this i had only ever hit the first jump and none of the others, no one had riden the park at all that day, went into it, hit the first jump, that felt great, hit the second, felt even better, shit yea might aswell hit the third, stomped it with no sketchyness at all, the grin on my face would have been from ear to ear, then i thought F#*K IT, ITS ON, hit the last jump, holy shit my heart was beating in the air, nailed it! best feeling EVER!
cheese  thumbsup

Yessss! This pumped me up heaps hahah, mad! Good for you bro smile

Cant wait to hammer all of FV jumps this season shock