The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Goals for winter season 2013

h0z - 22 May 2013 12:23 PM
tracvks - 22 May 2013 12:10 PM

personal goals 1. get a solid back 3 off the last jump on front val 2. get front 3s in leichardt 3. attempt a backflip

I didn’t add this one as I don’t know if I will be ready this year.. Or even next but I REALLY want to learn tame dogs (front flips) they look sooooo fun!! (like a cartwheel without hands!!)

i totally agree, they look so fun, its just hard for me to commit to throwing my body over the nose of my board that close to the gound! ha shut eye

swizzy - 22 May 2013 12:38 PM

> More days on the snow than last season ( I did 8, which makes 13 days total ever)
> More confidence with switch riding
> More time in the park
> and getting a 360 down would be nice

this was me last season swizzy, advice i can give is back yourself and dont be afraid to go for it. also, although there is more risk i found it easier to attempt off bigger jumps as you have more air time to bring the spin around - just my experience. and if you havent watched the snowboard addiction 3 tutorial i can recommend that too cause it helps!

forgot to add 4. i want to get enough footage over the season to make a short park vid

As always, more confident at switch, 180’s of jumps and boardslides.

I started getting them at the end of last season after Pirate day but could always get better.

Any sort of grab, shifty or 180 off a jump.

tracvks - 22 May 2013 12:53 PM

forgot to add 4. i want to get enough footage over the season to make a short park vid

I’ll have a gopro for a good amount of days on the snow and/or can hold your cameras to film you if I’m down there mate smile

TJswish - 22 May 2013 01:41 PM

I’ll have a gopro for a good amount of days on the snow and/or can hold your cameras to film you if I’m down there mate smile

thats whats up, definitely hit you up and do the same for you when the parks are up and running. ive never ridden with any bw members but pretty keen too! yew

tracvks - 22 May 2013 02:44 PM

thats whats up, definitely hit you up and do the same for you when the parks are up and running. ive never ridden with any bw members but pretty keen too! yew

You’re missing out till you have ridden with us. But stay away from that Ozgirl member… I hear she rides 2x skinny snowboards at once or something…

Great idea for a thread, Rick. I will probably move this to Rider Progression shortly.

My goals:

- To get a minimum of 10 days on the snow.
- To stay injury-free.
- To keep progressing.

TJswish - 22 May 2013 04:09 PM

You’re missing out till you have ridden with us. But stay away from that Ozgirl member… I hear she rides 2x skinny snowboards at once or something…

Ha!

no tow’s for you!!

ozgirl - 22 May 2013 04:44 PM
TJswish - 22 May 2013 04:09 PM

Ha!

no tow’s for you!!

Naww, don’t be like that… :’(

Just to get to the snow.
This is the first year in 15 years I haven’t had a season pass.
Last year was the fewest days I’ve ridden (25days) since 1998.

But like always I’ll be there for DOTS. I’ve never missed DOTS.

I guess that’s my only goal -  freshies on DOTS.

My main Goal…. Get to the snow this season! Fingers crossed…

Dan I might be going to a wedding on the Sunny Coast the week before the BWShred if you want, you can jump in the passenger seat and help me drive to Thredbo?

Dan83 - 22 May 2013 07:44 PM

My main Goal…. Get to the snow this season! Fingers crossed…

Get to Sydney and there will be a spot for you in my car any time dude!

spaz - 22 May 2013 07:35 PM

. . . like always I’ll be there for DOTS. I’ve never missed DOTS.

I guess that’s my only goal -  freshies on DOTS.

If that involves a day trip, give me a yell and I’ll share the driving/fuel etc.

One word

Flips