The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Thredbo 2013

So true, If your going up there at the end of the day for a visit to the Leisure Center you wont get caught.

Most of the NP patrols are done from 8-11am.

Wow re: chains - it used to be just after the gates!
I’ve only ever carried chains twice in all my years, I used them on both occaisons. Once in Thredbo at 1am, the other time I put them on at WildBrumby at 4am.

Morning after WildBrumby fitting. Carpark behind Leisure Center.

Even on this day I didn’t use chains. It’s mostly for ice you can’t drive without them.

Yes but snow chain hiree’s make more money off you if you believe that myth!

Ever Notice they NEVER have inspection bays or officers on the way to Thredbo or in the carpark (which they do in/to Perisher?)

Thanks guys, great bit of info that I didn’t know.

Might be worth an afternoon/night adventure at some stage!

Yes they do, but now they are probably not signposted as chain bays.

spaz - 23 May 2013 08:16 PM

Yes they do, but now they are probably not signposted as chain bays.

Cops actually set up red blocks at Wilson’s on kozi red.

National parks guys actually inspect your boot in the perisher car park.

Both on blu bird days!

They don’t / can’t on Alpine way.

They can only force you when there is snow on the road

True, red true.

Results of first night snowmaking. Photo’s from richards report. http://www.ciau.com.au/snow/rrr.asp

Looking down to Friday Flat - they pumped the guns there for around 4hrs

Signature Hill

ozgirl - 23 May 2013 01:15 PM

TJ is right Re National Park Fees - if you get “caught” all you have to do is pay the standard day rate. ie there is no fine or premium if you get caught.

its a “sorry we missed you at the gate” card LOL

Pretty much!
One year I didn’t get caught until September but then racked up a heap of “reminders” that I didn’t pay. They ended up being a huge amount once the late fees were added.

I think in about March NP phoned me.
They were so good and helpful, dealing with NP is the best!
The girl on the phone told me if I payed for the whole year pass it would wipe all I owed, saving me a couple of hundred dollars, AND the pass would be valid through the coming winter.
Win!

She must be windy up at Merrits…

something funny going on with the camera for the cam! Note the date and time is correctly located (and not upside down)

Looks like snow!!! LOL

Damn it!!

The image is upside down… the lighter contour is the sky.

Got my season pass and accomidation for long weekend. Any insite into snow conditions and what runs will be open long weekend ?

Welcome to Boardworld, Nigel. cool smile

Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be much snow currently. I’m not sure what they will be able to open. I’m sure they will pump the snowguns over the next week if it’s cold enough, so hopefully they will open Merrits etc.