The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Thredbo 2013

NBG - 09 September 2013 06:49 PM

This is what the jump looked like on Sunday, no wonder there’s no snow anywhere else at thredbo

This is what the remaining park looks like

Jumps are stil lookin good then, dont like that sign to the right tho LOL

Definitely hiking up to check the OHW up close and personal

Just went to the Thredbo website because I am actually wondering if they are by any chance offering refunds on lift tickets purchased for upcoming days. When I did a search for this weekend, no results came back and this message was displayed:

Due to variable snow conditions we advise contacting Thredbo eStore Help desk on (02) 6459 4151 for the purchase of lift passes, lessons and equipment hire for your requirements beyond September 14 2013

That saturday music lineup looks epic!

Rufus, kele, Alison Wonderland (have a massive crush on her)

deanobruce - 09 September 2013 08:28 PM

That saturday music lineup looks epic!

Rufus, kele, Alison Wonderland (have a massive crush on her)

So im not the only one LOL

Between her and Tigerlily…im torn haha

LOL

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know its snowing!! all the way down to the village. I didnt get any pics up the top but the snow quality is improving heaps.

Been here since monday and have had massive winds, iced up snow or slush pools. The snow has been SHIT. Still had a champion time though, started at the basin, then to Sponners and Antons, and finally merrits. They have a little park at the back of merrits, 4 jumps 2 tables and a pole.

Some of the back runs through the trees were awesome and untouched today, a few inchs of powder to carve through. EPIC

I have been practicing my arse off, can confidently olly now but havnt been able to land a 180 yet (close just always sketch out in switch).

A lot of the mountain is a mess but if it keeps dumping i recon they will be able to open some more runs back up.

Only got one pic and not a very good one, but its in the village as proof smile

shaka

Look at Highnoon and plenty freshies to shred… understood it was closed and those marks I believe patrol’s.
Hell go for it!!!  evil

Apparently it’s all done in Thredbo for the season, maybe the Basin will still be open tomorrow but many businesses are closing after this weekend since the village have, near zero bookings for the week.

Any seasonal staff that still remain are being sent home this week.

New Stuff for Thredders, including a new chairlift. Woohoo!!!!! I won’t have to ride a t-bar!
here!

Stupid place for a new chair though? It’s cutting out 1 short tee? and the lines at the Kosi express are never that long? This is just trying to beat Perisher with the highest chairlifted point…

Personally, I would have preferred a new chair that went from skiers left of the cruiser area up to the top of where the one hit wonder is (opening new terrain) or from village terminal to somewhere between Antons or Sponars.

Village upgrade is nice as always though.

TJswish - 18 September 2013 12:34 PM

Stupid place for a new chair though? It’s cutting out 1 short tee? and the lines at the Kosi express are never that long? This is just trying to beat Perisher with the highest chairlifted point…

Personally, I would have preferred a new chair that went from skiers left of the cruiser area up to the top of where the one hit wonder is (opening new terrain) or from village terminal to somewhere between Antons or Sponars.

Village upgrade is nice as always though.

Yeh weird choice IMO, the extra run down from Karels isnt that amazing tbh and the Kosi lift is fine.

I would love a chair up to Antons / Sponars, spent a bit of the trip there and me and my mates legs were all stuffed after a day of tbars on the steep runs.

IDK about going from the top of 1HW, would add new mountain but only a very short area on what can currently be done and its just flat mountain face till you get past the Cruiser.

Would really love something running down the back side of Sponars, looks awesome down there

i had to laugh at this - thredbo running ski school lessons at perisher… should this be in the thredbo thread or the perisher one?

foxpuppet - 23 September 2013 10:48 AM

i had to laugh at this - thredbo running ski school lessons at perisher… should this be in the thredbo thread or the perisher one?

What the?! Are they busing people down or something?