The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Thredbo 2013

I think I was lucky, if I was shooting with my headcam I may have followed you off it!

K2_TeacherBoy - 04 September 2013 08:31 PM

Haha I always show people this pics. I love how high I am above the knuckle still at the point I should have landed. Thanks for snapping them spaz. And anyway if u filmed it we still wouldn’t have seen it wink

When you left the lip did it occur to you “shit, this isnt the one hit wonder!” LOL

hahaha, i cant remember the jump its self. Its been smashed from my memory for ever.

Funny cos I was talking about hitting the 100fter that weekend. I had enough speed hahaha

K2_TeacherBoy - 06 September 2013 09:08 AM

Funny cos I was talking about hitting the 100fter that weekend. I had enough speed hahaha

And the airtime LOL

That is still hideous to look at, very impressive in a not quite right kinda way ha ha.  I can imagine exactly the thoughts going through your head watching the knuckle disappear below and your height doubling as a result, eeewww gives me stomach turns ha ha!

Apparently the Thredbo Bobsled is opening up again today as the remaining snow rapidly melts. Is it any good? As a youngun I used to love the toboggans at Port Stephens.

It’s not bad, think it might be a bit overpriced though…

First time I met most of you, K2 tries to kill himself in one easy lesson, and Mizu decides to take the princess way off the hill in the bucket! Ozzy came to the rescue as patroller-in-making and saved the day. Wonder what adventures this year brings????
shred

TJswish - 06 September 2013 11:53 AM

It’s not bad, think it might be a bit overpriced though…

Ahh ok cool, it’s included in the season pass apparently so might relive my childhood smile

Haha if it’s in the season pass, definitely give it a go. Get it on camera and we can add it to Shred 2013 footage smile

The cams are looking so depressing… We leave to get there on sunday morning and starting to feel like we should have gone to perisher instead (even though i prefer thredbo). It just looks so melted out….

downer

I am not even bothering to look!

it wont change my plans - just enjoying what you can!

Yeh agreed dont look.

Once you look once you have to keep checking every 30 seconds to see if some how the magic snow dragon took a dump.

I looked. Wow. Never thought I’d see it like that in early September. Looks like we will be riding the t-bars a lot. Bring your shovels so we can build some fun features.

So did I Jez! :-(

When NBG commented on there only being one terrain park left I had to looked.

Was very shocked to see that you can’t ride to the bottom of the super trail - either of them apparently!