The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Protein!

Just a quick warning for you peeps. BE CAREFUL OF WHEY PROTEIN!!!

If you’ve been using it for a while with no health problems that’s fine, take whey, get beefcake, repair snowboarding muscles etc.
BUT if you haven’t taken it before take it in small amounts to start with and see if you have any reactions to it.
I’m sad to say that I’ve caused myself permanent damage to my internals by taking whey, getting sick and not realizing what caused it (so I kept taking it for a few weeks before figuring it out). After the damage is done there is nothing u can do to reverse it, you will stay that sick everyday.
It took me many shit years of my life to find a solution, doctors had no idea and eventually I found a natural solution but even now I take pills everyday and if I miss a day I’ll be sick that same day.
It’s a sickness like having bad food poisoning, it sucks, you don’t want it. If I hadn’t found a solution that keeps it in check I could never have started snowboarding and my life would have continued to suck.

I’m just trying to look out for my boardworld peeps. Whey protein is fine if u have no reaction, just take it slow and be honest with yourself if u start to feel sick. No washboard abs or huge biceps are worth giving yourself a permanent condition.
Stay healthy, keep shreddin wink

What brand did you take Andy? Maybe it’s a bad brand that contains a lot of fillers? Whey protein should be fine though. It’s basically chicken in powder form (w/out all the fats, and the protein is has a higher bioavailability rating). My guess it’s probably the other ingredients that caused your sickness, not the actual whey itself.

Chicken really? I could be wrong but I’ve always heard it’s milk.
I honestly don’t know what about it did the damage but I read when it’s manufactured it gets separated into 2 layers, curds and whey, and they have to heat right up it to kill all the bacteria. I’m thinking that maybe there was too much bacteria in the batch that I got. Just shooting in the dark though really.

Oh and the brand was called “Whey”

Yeah you’re right it’s milk. I usually use the chicken analogy to explain to my friends in the layman term so they understand haha (since most of em think that drinkin whey will automatically give them muscle). Mmm, yeah maybe it’s just a bad batch or bad brand. I never heard of a brand called just “whey”, it’s usually something like Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein, Scivation Whey, etc. For other members buying whey, make sure you buy from a reputable brand.

Yeah for sure, I wish I could remember the full name of the brand.

Andy thats the first time I have ever heard of whey making someone sick.  Sure if you’re trying to live off it on some crazy diet your stomach is going to give you some rear end issues but as soon as you return to eating normally it goes away.  What did the doctor diagnose it as?

im going to assume it was somethign to do with the filler/bad batch.