The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Regime

Got scared the other day when i stood on the scales

i have hit 90kg (not a tall guy either), normally about 85kg and i think would be about 10kg over weight at that level

So i have pulled my finger out

I am now trying to ride to work 3 days a week and swim the other 2

weekends will be a mix of Bodyboarding, trail riding or running + tennis and other things

So Far so good started Wednesday

Ride to work is 18.5km - took about an hour and about the same time home (haven’t ridden my bike for about 1 year)
the annooss is tender

Swam last night about 1km within an hour

And made it to work this morning - the ride home this arvo is going to hurt

Also limiting amount/size of foods i am eating. trying to cut out/limit Fat & Sugar intake. Eat more fresh foods - as much as possible.

Keep me honest

Ya could come and burn up some calories at the Shred????  tongue rolleye

sounds good, Caboose. Annooss made me laugh so hard. good luck with it, sounds like you’ll do it easy if you can keep that regime up!

lol
wink

Caboose - 01 September 2011 11:37 PM

I am now trying to ride to work 3 days a week

I have tried to do this. Did three trips to work. Almost had an asthma attack the first day i rode. LOL

My ride is only 3.5km, so i really should have no excuse. 18km eek!!  But man the Anzac bridge is a killer. I need to learn to pace and that it is not a race…

Then my bike got nicked… I got another one but then it was winter… LOL excuses excuses…

Really must get back into it.

The only thing i do ATM (besides skiing) is going to a group personal training session on Tuesday night.

So my ride to work today ended in a double flat (tyre wall tear) 10kg jog to the bike store .....

it is all exercise so it is cool

punched out 30km on M7 bike path on Sat too

Can someone tell me what ‘regime’ means? Sorry for the noob question

Regime, Macquarie Dictionary,1: Mode or system of rule or Government 2:ruling system 3:variatrion in the volume of a river with the season.

Gamblor - 05 September 2011 03:16 AM

Can someone tell me what ‘regime’ means? Sorry for the noob question

I know that I told ya to go and mow the rice, but I didn’t advocate ya smokin it!!!!!

oh, so this thread is about regime change!

Gamblor - 05 September 2011 04:28 AM

“Damn The Man!! Save The Empire!!!”

Gamblor - 05 September 2011 04:28 AM

pretty much

going from fat slob to buff in ............ a few years :(

ohh BTW

Swimming tonight North Sydney Olympic Pool if anyone is interested ($6.70 i think for entry)

i’ll be there 5:30 - 6pm ish for an hour ish

so

1300m swim last night, another ride to work today

ohh and my mates have registered me to be the swim leg in a teams triathlon in Canberra in Dec

1.9km River swim ..... :sigh: :(

stoked
just done a 2km swim in 45mins

yeah!

Got outta bed this mornin at 9:00, ate breaky in 4 mins flat!!!!!!  cool grin