The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Brisbane Snowboarding

Ok so i consider myself a fast learner. I have been snowboarding twice for a total of 8 day and i’m doing all the grinds and jumps at perisher (When i was there from 19th-21st of june). I’M IN FREAKING LOVE, i can’t stop thinking/dreaming about. i have posters everywhere. I had no idea that the snowboarding community for Australia was so big. I’m so glad i found this forum to. It will be my new home lol.

My questions is. What is the best thing i can do that increases my skills on a snow board. I want to go PRO ASAP. i know i’m old… 21… so Shauwn white is out of the question but i need to for-fill my craving up here in brisbane…

I was going to make this:

Anyone have any better ideas???

Thanks in advanced.

HardSnow

Most importantly, keep having fun and don’t put pressure on yourself. You will progress when you’re just out there enjoying yourself.

To answer your question, if you really want to improve you should do a season somewhere overseas. Get a work visa for Canada and get yourself over to Whistler ASAP. smile

+1 for season overseas (whistler preferably raspberry)

I’m going to move this to Rider Progression.

Thanks for the move Rider, couldn’t find where to post.

I’m super lucky cause my mum is from the UK i have my UK passport i don’t need to get a visa for Canada. So me and my wifey can move to Canada 0 probs.

I freaking can’t wait, only problem is i want to get better while not being overseas, IE here in Brisbane. I’m not going to see snow for a minimum 12 months </3.

I’ve also been looking at freeboards. anyone heard anything about those?

Also worth buying the Snowboard Addiction DVD series. Best freestyle snowboarding tutorial DVDs available.

http://www.snowboardaddiction.com

Use the promo code boardworld for a 10% discount on all their products.

SOLD!!!! You have one rider?

I’ve wanted on for years but no real hills around here. I really should buy one!

Because your awesome and i love how friendly everyone is, i’m gona buy what you suggested. Anything to help the snowboarding community aswell :D. You Guys have a section for get togethers or snow sessions.

We’re having a Boardworld Shred in September at Thredbo. Check it out: https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/2643/

You’ll have to let me know how the Freebord goes! I’m very tempted to just buy one too.

Will do. Good ones like $400 for the set. it will satisfy my cravings lol.

That free boarding clip looks rad as cool smile

I want one so bad….......

And welcome Hardsnow what part of brisbane are you living in?

rider26 - 03 August 2011 06:19 AM

You’ll have to let me know how the Freebord goes!

You can try mine. smile

couple of mates got freebords.

only attempted a few times, not that keen on losing skin on the road so didnt go to hard, but they are fun