The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Venture/Arbor Snowboards

Has anyone had the chance to use one of these boards? I am keen to grab a “green/eco” board, and I like the sound of Venture as a company, but how do they ride? What about Arbor?

What would be the easiest way to get a Venture board in Aus, Backcountry.com?

I can’t comment on Venture as I’ve never ridden one but I can tell you that the Arbor boards ride well, look good and are backed by a great environmentally friendly philosophy.  Arbor has a comprehensive line of boards that cover all riding abilities and terrain styles.  The construction and finish quality of the boards is as good as it gets and the company puts a huge amount of energy and effort into the design and development of their products and processes.

I’ve only ever heard good things about Arbor, too. I saw a couple of their demo boards once, too & it all looked sick. I found them online on the swedish rebel sport site but they didn’t seem to have a very good range of sizes. I don’t know if that is just the site, or Arbor themselves only putting out each type of board in 1 or 2 sizes.

I had an Arbor Woodie back in 03, it’s now called the Element. They used to call it “The board for all things” and I’d agree. All-mountain board that rode well. It’s the first board I own that I could actually feel ‘snapping’ me out of turns.

My only complaint was that it seemed to soften up quickly though. I’m not sure if this was that I progressed a lot during this time and just wanted something stiffer, or whether it really did lose pop.

Rad boards though, if I was to get one now I’d get the A-Frame. I’ve heard very good things about the Westmark too.

Tried a few Arbor boards. Nice contructions and very nice all-mountain and mainly freeride boards. The only downside for me was that it felt very heavy compared to other boards at the time. Could have been to do with their eco contruction and materials (some were bamboo I think?).

I ride a Arbor board and i find them pretty good. They have a really good base and a nice shape.
Its really a great all round board.

My only complaint would be the edges, the are made out out of brass and the get damaged pretty easily.

My only complaint would be the edges, the are made out out of brass and the get damaged pretty easily.

But are repaired easily?? at least they’re mallaeable and can prolly be forced back into some sort of edge.. my magnas getting beat up and i cant find annnnything to repair that

ANYWAY, my arbor story

working the ski + snowboard show in toronto in 2008, I ended up talking up an old Jeremy Jones rossi big mtn board to the manager of Powder King in Northern BC (for those who dont know this resort is open 4 days a week..the other 3 they need for blasting beacuse they place gets SO MUCH SNOW… this guy has his CASI Level 3, Advanced Avi Cert and teaches avi cert, et c etc.. super good rider

turns out the board was too big for him, but he explained why he needed a new one- He actually WORE OUT his arbor he put so much love and days onto it. I get an email back from him months later ,explaining because he wore out a board, arbor agreed to flow the ENTIRE RESORT STAFF (only like 30 people but still) w/ arbor boards! I guess tahts one way to run a warrenty system

case + point - anyone thinking of buying an arbor- why are you even hesitating?! get out there and grab that shred stick! These boards are excellent, retain their flex for 100 days and when they cop out- apperntly arbor just flows you new ones??! hahaha. Not the kind of board for me but I’ve heard nothing but WONDERFUL things, esp from steve from powder king, bc.

My fiance rides the arbor push. It’s the bamboo bord for ladies and is super flexible. She loves it and it seems to ride great. I’de get the Coda if I could. If your thinking about getting an Arbor and like one just get it. You shouldn’t be dissapointed.

Also there is a board in their range with brass edges this one
http://www.arborsports.com/merchant2/draft.html