The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Race boards / splitboards

So where can I demo these things? They seem to still be popular in Yurop, complete with the very distinctive clothing. . .

Anybody tried either (both)?

I’ve never known anywhere to have any to rent or borrow. It would be nice to have places that have them though.

I own a hard boot set up, an old Burton 164 and some Burton hard boots and plate bindings.
I try to make sure I get at least a half-day each season on it.
It’s hard to get out on it, because I’m not good at it at all.
I know all I need to do is spend more time with it and get better. It’s a lot of fun though!
I can lay out some carves on a green run! LOL

at the mountain i’m at the season (porter heights in NZ) there are quite a few people rocking these, even some people learning on them! anyways there are a few guys who are soooo good! they get really low to the snow and i don’t mean by bending over and toucing it just the sheer lean angle they get!  but what blows me away is the sheer commitment it takes, i though the park took mental commitment, but i’ll tell you what, there is no way i’d have the balls to give her on one of these boards like these guys do!! props.

Check out this forum for split boards

http://splitboard.com/site/Splitboard_Home/Splitboard_Home.html

i made my own split, unforunately it wasn’t the best - my cust wasn’t as straight as i wanted - also heavy board

the touring kit and pucks cost me about $450AUS i think