The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Bindings Setup

Hey ,

Just got brand spankin New “Nitro Eero ettala” board the other day . I was told the board is set slightly back in its stance. Does this change the way in which i set up my riding position or does it just come down to a matter of comfort?

Setback and binding angles / stance width don’t have anything to do with each other. You can effectively change the angles and the stance width without changing the recommended setback.

If you move both bindings out by the same distance (i.e. front binding towards the nose one inch, and back binding towards the tail one inch), you have made your stance two inches wider, but the setback of the stance is exactly the same. Each time you move a binding out one inch, you are changing the setback by half an inch.

In a nutshell, yes, your stance should mostly come down to comfort. It should also reflect your riding style to an extent.

Please have a read of the stance article I wrote, there is a lot of information in there. If you have any further questions let me know.

https://www.boardworld.com.au/content/category/stance/

Enjoy your new board! cool smile

Awesome,

thanks for the reply.

Shan

Just to add to what rider26 said.
Dont worry about changing your riding position, most all mountain boards are set back in their stance.
This is where if you placed your bindings on the marked reference points on the board you would have a little more length in the nose than the tail. A lot of boards are like this because most people ride facing forward, and only occasionally ride switch. So the manufacturers construct the boards to account for this like for example setting the stance back a bit. Some even have softer/stiffer flex in the tip and tail.

There are boards on the mountain (eg. Burton Twin) that are a true twin. Where if you place your bindings on the reference points on the board i think the length and construction of the board is identical for the nose and tail. This is for if you ride park a lot and do a lot of switch tricks.

You dont need to change your riding position at all.
As rider26 said, just start with your bindings on the reference points which for example may be 20inches apart. If thats your stance, then screw your bindings in there. If you ride with a 22 inch stance then move the front one forward one inch and the back one to the rear one inch.

Thanks Evan ,

great advice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!