The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Qantas Baggage - Japan

Hi guys,

I’m heading up to japan in Jan next year and will be booking a flight with qantas. Has anyone had experience in bringing their snowboard bag + normal luggage as part of their 30kg allowance with them? I think from my understanding its all part of the price and I don’t have to pay extra?

Cheers

I always fly Japan Airlines. They also allow 30kg and it can be split over 2 bags. So no problem bringing a suitcase + boardbag as long as it’s around 30KG! Pretty sure Qantas works the same.

I’ve had many issues with Qantas in the past however where they just didn’t put my bags on the plane or it got left at stopovers. I also like the service + food better at JAL but now it’s sounding too much like an add. smile
Not sure about the price tho, probably be the same.

Where in Japan you going?

BASC - 10 October 2018 02:29 PM

I always fly Japan Airlines. They also allow 30kg and it can be split over 2 bags. So no problem bringing a suitcase + boardbag as long as it’s around 30KG! Pretty sure Qantas works the same.

I’ve had many issues with Qantas in the past however where they just didn’t put my bags on the plane or it got left at stopovers. I also like the service + food better at JAL but now it’s sounding too much like an add. smile
Not sure about the price tho, probably be the same.

Where in Japan you going?

Oh okay, thanks for the heads up. Going to Hakuba so will be flying into narita most likely.

dav1d009 - 10 October 2018 10:24 AM

Hi guys,

I’m heading up to japan in Jan next year and will be booking a flight with qantas. Has anyone had experience in bringing their snowboard bag + normal luggage as part of their 30kg allowance with them? I think from my understanding its all part of the price and I don’t have to pay extra?

Cheers

You will be fine with the Qantas 30kg allowance. We took a suitcase and our snowboard bags + carry on the first year with no issue (including internal JAL flight to hokkaido).

Since then, we’ve just taken our snowboard bags + carry on, and will continue to do that.