The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Skateboard Advice

Hi,

My apologies if I have posted this in the wrong section.

In the late 80s/early 90s, I was into skateboarding and bought, in 1989, a Santa Monica Airlines Natas Kaupas skateboard, which I am now looking to sell. For its age, its in good condition, but having been out of the skateboarding scene for a long time now, I’m not sure of its value. I’ve attached images.

Please could anyone advise on how much you would expect the board to fetch?

Thanks and apologies again if this is the wrong section.

Hey @MattSkate,

I could be wrong but my best guess is not much. A lot of these boards (including the one you posted) are being re-issued these days. It’s an original but it’s also used. It would be a different story if it was in unused condition or signed. That said, I’m guessing you might be able sell it for around $100 to a collector?

@walker, what do you think?

Hey mate!

Yeah, that board is sick. Anything SMA Natas can be pretty sought after, but it all depends and prices vary greatly. That board looks like it’s actually in pretty decent nick considering the age. I’ve seen mint/NOS ones go for thousands, but again it depends on a bunch of factors.

I’d recommend checking out the Aussie Skateboard Collecting group on Facebook. Post there and see what those guys think – some of them have been collecting boards for 40+ years and can probably help you out with specifics, and give you a pretty good idea as far as sale value goes.

Good luck!