The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Riding Fast

@grunge: Yes, because it’s gonna be off topic. I wanna keep this thread about riding fast, otherwise we’ll have an endless argument. I kinda get what you mean, I just don’t wanna turn this thread into something else. You’ve already explained your POV, no need to get into details and another heated argument.

“Sorry bud, I’m gonna say it straight, only selfish spoilt ppl think like that. Because they don’t have the ability to think pass anything other than: “me me me me me me me me me me me me me ME.”“

Ok now you’re calling names. But whatever, I don’t care if you called me spoilt. I’ve accepted you guys’ opinions that are different than me, I have no problems with it now.

^ dude I’m not. I’m just saying it straight.

If I were going to call you names I’d have done it alot quicker rather than asking more questions and taking things to PM, as you’ve been very dismissive of me, esp when what I’ve brought up doesn’t match your view.

Plus chances are I’d just have plain old ignored you.
Why waste breath on someone not worth wasting it on, you know?

I’m letting you know how things are being perceived, at least by me, because I’d like to be front up about things.
The fact you flat out do not answer the topics/PoV that I’ve bought up in PM also tells me you’re unwilling to see past what you want to see.

I’m actually okay with that, as long as it doesn’t affect me.
Anyways, let’s leave it.
So how about them Seahawks eh?

WORST 22 SEC DECISION EVAR.

Sometimes my way of doing things is wrong . . and then I stop being wrong and be Awesome instead

skip11 - 05 February 2015 01:10 PM

@Lu: Lol, that’s literally how we talk. So if I said something in that tone don’t take it to heart. Different culture. You’d be surprise how many stuff that we say, that a lot of westerners took into offense when we literally didn’t mean to insult/offend them.

@grunge: In your analogy, I can easily argue that all day (like why Arnold does it that way) but let’s not go there =). But back to your point, I don’t really understand this “Like I said, you prolly don’t mean to but that pretty much discounts everything they’ve said.” But whatever, it’s not important, I’ve explained myself.

At least you guys now know my POV.

Off topic. But I can attest to this.. Half my work is Nepalese and Indo.. One lady I worked with there 10/11 years ago (mind you I was 17 and like 50kgs..  I’m now 28 and 65kg) and when I went back to that place (I had since quit and the come back and worked at different locations) one of the first things she said to me was “ooh you’ve put on weight hey?” - she didn’t mean it in a bad way or anything.. She is a really sweet lady. It was more of an observation.. (and I wasn’t offended as i guess working some where that is really multicultural I’ve just become accustomed to it…  Lol)

That’s alot of the problem with the internet. You cant show vocal tone and people can take things the wrong way.. I know from experience.. Having to retype and explain my point in another way so others understand what i mean.. - I’m sure it has happened to all of us!

Any way my 2cs on speed..

I’ve found the last season i have been pushing my limits speed wise alot more… Racing the boys and trying to keep up with a few… And as jez has said. I find my riding has improved.. No its not solely from speed… But i do have more confidence with larger jumps. Riding switch and hitting hips.. Also I’ve found my riding in general to be smoother (if you get what i mean?) when I’m just cruising/goofing around with flat land stuff.. Also adding a bit of speed (no not flat basing it.. But noticeably faster) has helped with butters/presses and nose/tail rolls.. 
Its a little bit of an adrenaline rush.. But not something i could do all the time.. I’m definitely a flat land girl.. And spend alot of time working on that!

Figured I’d throw my 2c in. With a bit of S&M

Given I have have had one season on the snow, properly snowboarding, and having just learned. Excessive speed is still somewhat intimidating, that’s not to say I don’t like it. I have been riding a motorbike for a few years, and into fast cars even longer, and have gone 200+ in both… its an amazing feeling. Its the rush you get, and that feeling of not being completely in control. Its a mental thing, like the fight or flight reflex. some people love the feeling of huge amounts adrenalin, some don’t.

You could get down to the neurology of it if you want, it comes down to individuals. Emotion releases chemicals in the brain, like adrenalin. Which is closely related to dopamine (your brains happy juice), Dangerous situations also release endorphins (more happy, less pain brain juice).
These are the same chemicals released by durgs like amphetamines and opiates. (pingers, crack, and smacky smack)... which is why people enjoy and become addicted to things like going fast.

However, it also heightens your senses, and awareness, so if you think you can get hurt. You’re more likely to be afraid of being hurt, have bad thoughts and pleasure turns into fear, and sad brain juice. This is where the whole “fear is in your head” comes from… there’s no actual brain juices that make you afraid, its just your imagination… I suppose that’s why they say smarter people tend to have a bigger fear reflex… and less intelligent jump out of planes… TIC
(pretty sure i jsut called myself, and a bunch of people here stupid…)

Then again, I’m not a neurologist, I work in IT… I could just be feeding you all a big pile of mis-informed garbage raspberry

On a side note though, im selling my bike? anyone want to buy a bike? Its fast, and loud, and is learner legal!

look, motorbike, broom brrooom.

DR1F7R - 05 February 2015 09:41 PM

On a side note though, im selling my bike? anyone want to buy a bike? Its fast, and loud, and is learner legal!

look, motorbike, broom brrooom.

awwww i had a hyo gt250 when i was a learner. great bike to start with.

then i moved to Tiffany -

Then I sold Tiffany to move to canada and I was a SAD PANDA.

Mines a gt650r EFI, the red one is my brothers broken gt250, lol.

Nice Street Tripple, colour is boss.
I want a Daytona 675r next. Might be a little off though unfortunatly.

DR1F7R - 06 February 2015 04:41 AM

Nice Street Tripple, colour is boss.

Many thanks, the colour is killer. nothing like it.

I rode a tona a few times- the riding position killed me. I commuted and rode almost every weekend in the nash park or old road so I needed something that was a little more versatile.

If i dont get another street triple (or speed triple) then i’m considering a bmw f800r….

Well we successfully moved this thread to motorcycles!  tumble

I wanted to do a sky blue pearl on mine, but my bro clogged up my paintgun, and havent bought a new one yet.
so will probably do the next bike in it.

DR1F7R - 05 February 2015 09:41 PM

Figured I’d throw my 2c in. With a bit of S&M

Given I have have had one season on the snow, properly snowboarding, and having just learned. Excessive speed is still somewhat intimidating, that’s not to say I don’t like it. I have been riding a motorbike for a few years, and into fast cars even longer, and have gone 200+ in both… its an amazing feeling. Its the rush you get, and that feeling of not being completely in control. Its a mental thing, like the fight or flight reflex. some people love the feeling of huge amounts adrenalin, some don’t.

You could get down to the neurology of it if you want, it comes down to individuals. Emotion releases chemicals in the brain, like adrenalin. Which is closely related to dopamine (your brains happy juice), Dangerous situations also release endorphins (more happy, less pain brain juice).
These are the same chemicals released by durgs like amphetamines and opiates. (pingers, crack, and smacky smack)... which is why people enjoy and become addicted to things like going fast.

However, it also heightens your senses, and awareness, so if you think you can get hurt. You’re more likely to be afraid of being hurt, have bad thoughts and pleasure turns into fear, and sad brain juice. This is where the whole “fear is in your head” comes from… there’s no actual brain juices that make you afraid, its just your imagination… I suppose that’s why they say smarter people tend to have a bigger fear reflex… and less intelligent jump out of planes… TIC
(pretty sure i jsut called myself, and a bunch of people here stupid…)

That’s it. Everyone is different. That’s the beautiful thing about snowboarding… everyone has a different approach and style. Some people want an adrenalin rush, others don’t. Some people need it, others don’t. It doesn’t make it right or wrong. That’s snowboarding for you. Just have fun with it. Challenge yourself in ways that make you happy. Don’t worry about Joe Shmoe. Just get out there, have fun, and do what makes you happy. shaka

rider26 - 06 February 2015 06:22 AM

and do what makes you happy. shaka

.....you kissing_face

rider26 - 06 February 2015 06:22 AM

That’s it. Everyone is different. That’s the beautiful thing about snowboarding… everyone has a different approach and style. Some people want an adrenalin rush, others don’t. Some people need it, others don’t. It doesn’t make it right or wrong. That’s snowboarding for you. Just have fun with it. Challenge yourself in ways that make you happy. Don’t worry about Joe Shmoe. Just get out there, have fun, and do what makes you happy. shaka

Exactly. Its all about the brain happys.  surprised

RhysL - 06 February 2015 05:35 AM

I rode a tona a few times- the riding position killed me. I commuted and rode almost every weekend in the nash park or old road so I needed something that was a little more versatile.

Well we successfully moved this thread to motorcycles!  tumble

Now to to add SLEDS to the equation. =)

I’ve been waiting for a nice close up pic of your Triple!!! Very nice.
And yes, I’ve been looking at changing bikes, the riding position on my ninja is killing me (I’ve had ninjas all my bike life, from old skill 250’s until this zx10.)  Or maybe I’m gettin’ old. LOL.

Strangely looking at the BMW s1000r. A mate has it and it’s pretty boss, plus, CRUISE CONTROL! That really sold me on it. Not as deadly as their RR sports model but has a lot more lower end.

@DR1F7R: Did you get 200 on your Hyo?? If so man you must have been pushin’ it! Dunno if I got that far on my old 250, the speedo only goes up to 160, and if I had to hazard a guess I did push it for about 20 secs so maybe 180 I got to.
Did 203 on the zx10r tho’, scary but awesome. When I rolled off the throttle I remember it just dropping from 203 to 190 pretty much straight away.

@skip11: See? BIKES! BIKES BIKES BIKES BIKES MOGABIKES! (but maybe for you for now, SLEDS.)

@grunge; his Hyo is a 650 so he woulda been able to hit 200 without too much hassle.

yeah thats a pic from when i first rode her up from melbourne, I ended up putting a few things on here like some sweet under bar triumph bar end mirrors. SO much nicer than stock.

^ haha yeah.. body looks similar to the two fiddy, but I can see it’s slighty more… bigger now.. LOL.

Bar end mirrors is exactly what I would’ve changed first on that beast.. NICE.