The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

If you could ride like a pro…

I’m a big fan of Shaun White but I never see him riding big mountain or pow. The kid is too busy, I want to be more of a bum.  raspberry

Snow n travel bum all the way wink

Have you watch first descent Jeremy? You can see shaun shred AK in that movie. And in it’s always snowing somewhere (I think), there’s a short section where he’s shredding pow in Revelstoke if i’m not mistaken.

Yeah, I’ve seen First Descent. I was going to mention it but decided not to. You could tell he was very new to big mountain riding but that was more than 5 years ago. Someone with Shaun’s skills should get out there more often!

Yeah, that movie really showed the difference between him and a guy like Terje!!!!!

Terje is in a league of his own :D

Xavier de la rue, how good is that kid gonna be in a few years…..we thought jeremy jones was good….

Aidy - 09 June 2011 11:18 PM

Xavier de la rue, how good is that kid gonna be in a few years…..we thought jeremy jones was good….

How good is he NOW!!!

well i’d have to be a guy in order to accomplish this one, but definitely staale sandbech. that dude’s got skill for only 17years old (:

After watching more snowboarding movies, I think I have to say just for riding down the mountain making turns, doing lines, getting air here and there (not too worried about tricks) I would have to say Terje. He makes riding big lines look effortless, has insane board control, and in my opinion has the best pow turn in snowboarding. But in terms of creativity, vision, doing tricks of natural feature I want to ride like Nico.

you and I think very much alike on this matter, skip!

oh this hard because I think a lot of pros bring some thing different. I would have to say Halldor but Bode Merrill has a nice style. Jeremy Jones has such a high motivation for street and that wall ride he throws down is craze.

Eric Jackson, watch good look.. he looks like he is having the most fun I have ever seen a boarder have!!  And that’s why I love it.. freedom and having an awesome time!!

chalk me up for a bode merrill at the moment, but it all seems to depend on who im watching in vids at the time

snowboardin07 - 29 June 2011 04:24 AM

well i’d have to be a guy in order to accomplish this one, but definitely staale sandbech. that dude’s got skill for only 17years old (:

nice to see someone other than myself giving this kid wrist. his riding is incredible!

top 3 park riders torstien, halldor, stale. no doubt about it haha