The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Missing Snowboarding Yet?

Oh god I miss snowboarding already! It hasn’t even been 2 weeks.

I had 3 weeks of straight snowboarding with no work thinking it would be great. ‘I’m going to improve so much, it’s going to be SWEET’
Instead I found my riding had gone backwards big time and it took 3 weeks just to get back to almost where I was at before. Lame. I thought I had boarded way to much and I was over it.

But now I’ve been sitting around for almost 2 weeks waiting for my new job to start and I just want to ride again! WTF
Atleast I’m keen again. I think I needed to remember how shitty a skateboarder I am to remember that a snowboarder is who I am.

SO have u ever gone backwards in your riding for no reason and how did u overcome it?
And when is the next time that YOU get to shred?

If it makes you feel any better it’s november at the earliest for me.  Progression is a mysterious and often frustrating thing, specially if you start throwing bloody exams into it!

I think everyday I’m off the snow lose boarding ability. The past year has all been backwards because injury has (and will continue) to prevent any progress.

Haven’t had a slide since September.

Next slide - Hopefully this weekend (if the forecast stays) or 2 in weeks when the season starts. ollie

Last September was my last appearance with the white stuff!!!!!

Gettin soooo excited when there’s pics of frost on the ground atm!!!!! Haahahahahaaa!!!!!

I only ever get down a couple times a year at the most, so my “progression” has always gone backwards!!!!! (I can’t snowboard for shit!!!!)

But the thing that really amazes me is, how excited I get to have the opportunity to do it!!!!! And the pure enjoyment once I do!!!!!

I can Surf pretty much 6 out of every 8 days due to my work requirements, but every once in a while I just lose the drive to even go and check the surf!!!!!

Once I get that drive back however, I feel more confident and enthusiastic than if I had just gone down for a wave just for the sake of it!!!!!

If you can do some drills on your first couple of runs, the rest of your day usually goes better.

Sometimes I just can’t control myself when I am standing at the top of the hill because I see some beautifully groomed runs and just want to do some fast runs. My technique goes out the window.

It’s really about finding your rhythm and getting into the flow grin

I Hear ya Mizu- Looking forward to my Couple of Days this season . . .I last saw the white stuff February before last smile

You must be chompin at the bit!!!!!

Man Up a little dragon!!!!! It can’t be THAT bad????

Mizu Kuma - 31 May 2011 04:51 AM

Man Up a little dragon!!!!! It can’t be THAT bad????

Naaw . .just the only anxious pic I liked cheese
I’m ready to cruise some tunes and figure out a little bit more of Thredbo this year cool smile

Sweet!!!!!

Speedy - 31 May 2011 01:26 AM

If you can do some drills on your first couple of runs, the rest of your day usually goes better.

Sometimes I just can’t control myself when I am standing at the top of the hill because I see some beautifully groomed runs and just want to do some fast runs. My technique goes out the window.

It’s really about finding your rhythm and getting into the flow grin

Drills on your first run - god no!

Everyday I’m stretching and double checking my set up waiting for the lifts to open I usually then have an hour spare until they do…..

By the time I’m off the chair those groomers don’t have a chance.

Nice to have you onboard Speedy.

Yes, I’m missing snowboarding a little. It’s nice that it’s over, as by the end of the season I’m pretty worn out. Working full time and riding 2 to 3 times a week, with no breaks runs you down. This year I went from end of Nov to mid May so it was quite a good run.
But today, coming home from work I just felt like life was sooo blah. No worries though, once my tweaked ankle gets better I’ll be right into the summer sports

Gamblor - 31 May 2011 12:53 PM

Yes, I’m missing snowboarding a little. It’s nice that it’s over, as by the end of the season I’m pretty worn out. Working full time and riding 2 to 3 times a week, with no breaks runs you down. This year I went from end of Nov to mid May so it was quite a good run.
But today, coming home from work I just felt like life was sooo blah. No worries though, once my tweaked ankle gets better I’ll be right into the summer sports

Yeah it’s easy to get run down. I was teaching 4 days a week and riding the other 3 so I rarely got 1 days break a month. Not that I’m complaining but your body does break down after a while. This is the longest season I’ve ever done too so that’s probably why I lost my drive.

Still, the camp of champions opens in a few weeks and I think I’ll be itching to get up there smile

I’m glad I posted this, it gives me a background on the people on here I don’t get to meet.

Andy Aitken - 01 June 2011 09:12 PM

I’m glad I posted this, it gives me a background on the people on here I don’t get to meet.

Ya should come Down Under then Andy!!!!! Ya might end up the Right Way Up????  shaka

Seriously though, get over here for the Shred!!!!! (Warning that the snow will be shit though!!!!!)

Mizu Kuma - 01 June 2011 11:19 PM
Andy Aitken - 01 June 2011 09:12 PM

Ya should come Down Under then Andy!!!!! Ya might end up the Right Way Up????  shaka

Seriously though, get over here for the Shred!!!!! (Warning that the snow will be shit though!!!!!)

Yeah I should be down there just in time for the Shred with a bit of luck. And I don’t care if there’s no pow. People love to laugh at aussie snow fields but I always have fun in the sun at Perisher or Thredders.