The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

How do you choose your new board?

I’m very disapointed in you snowslider, i just dropped 500 bucks and many hours on a board that could balance all ways AND tasted good! do you know how hard that combination is to find….and i got thrown out and banned from almost every shop in downtown vancouver!

Aidy - 25 June 2009 10:09 AM

I’m very disapointed in you snowslider, i just dropped 500 bucks and many hours on a board that could balance all ways AND tasted good! do you know how hard that combination is to find….and i got thrown out and banned from almost every shop in downtown vancouver!

Did you test the symmetry of it’s weight distribution by trying to balance it on it’s tip, and then compare that with it’s balance on the edge?

I think I will soon start to use a manometer to determine the actual camber pressure or negative pressure when on flat ground, before and after standing on it.

You may have been thrown out of some shops, but someone eventually got your money.
Did you leave teeth marks on anything? you know some of those new base materials are soft enough to damage it - like solid gold.

I bit clean through last years T6, still nice honey taste!  Also i’d heard good things about sandwich construction but after sampling quite a few, stick to smoked salmon and cucumber would be my advice.

Aidy - 26 June 2009 07:32 AM

I bit clean through last years T6, still nice honey taste!  Also i’d heard good things about sandwich construction but after sampling quite a few, stick to smoked salmon and cucumber would be my advice.

I still havent tasted the skate bananna, but my friend that has the fix…. well, I couldnt swallow that pill, I’ll try for a shorter size next time on the fix.
like pork, I’ve heard the uninc has a nice meaty flavor, but it is pork, so bring something to go with it…. Jeremy I think has an uninc, he may be able to elaborate on the pork taste.

I don’t think jeremy will be getting involved with anything as silly as this!  having said that i’ve recently read on another thread that there are some pictures of jeremy on skis (i think silly is an applicable would for how i expect he’ll look in them) anyways without further ado i’m gonna find the thread in question and try and add some pressure to get these pics published on boardworld.

Aidy - 27 June 2009 06:58 AM

I don’t think jeremy will be getting involved with anything as silly as this!  having said that i’ve recently read on another thread that there are some pictures of jeremy on skis (i think silly is an applicable would for how i expect he’ll look in them) anyways without further ado i’m gonna find the thread in question and try and add some pressure to get these pics published on boardworld.

Good idea, I’ll join you

snowslider - 27 June 2009 08:22 PM
Aidy - 27 June 2009 06:58 AM

Good idea, I’ll join you

I would help you guys out but I think I might get my butt kicked if I did