The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Whats an easy way to check up on peoples new replies??

Hey Guys,
just new to this and wanted to know if there is a quick way to see if people have replied to you instead of finding it back in forums…? This could be a stupid question but have not worked much out yet.
Thanks smile
Kg. <3

No such thing as a stupid question around here, kg!!!!! (Unless ya talkin to Gamblor)

Apart from returnin to the thread to see if someone has replied, ya can also “subscribe” to the thread, by hittin the -subscribe to this thread- function at the top right of the post windows!!!!!

This function won’t tell ya if someone has specifically replied to you directly, however it will send an email to ya in order to let ya know that someone has made a contribution to that thread!!!!!

Mizu subscribes to everything to make sure he has every 2nd post on the forum though… Hence the 12310 post count!

Oh yeah, and if ya wanna chose to ignore TJ, ya can actually do it for real by goin to his profile page and hittin the “ignore posts by this member” function!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 14 October 2011 03:04 PM

No such thing as a stupid question around here, kg!!!!! (Unless ya talkin to Gamblor)

Apart from returnin to the thread to see if someone has replied, ya can also “subscribe” to the thread, by hittin the -subscribe to this thread- function at the top right of the post windows!!!!!

This function won’t tell ya if someone has specifically replied to you directly, however it will send an email to ya in order to let ya know that someone has made a contribution to that thread!!!!!

I get it! Thanks so much for your help.

TJswish - 14 October 2011 03:21 PM

Mizu subscribes to everything to make sure he has every 2nd post on the forum though… Hence the 12310 post count!

Ha ha too funny, maybe your a little jealous…. kidding

also, when I’m signed in I click on the “view new posts” button which is just below where it shows the screen name you are logged in as. Then it shows you all the threads that have been active since you last signed in…if i leave BW open for a few hours and come back, I just hit that button again to see whats been happening while i was gone.

hope that helps

Mizu Kuma - 14 October 2011 03:42 PM

Oh yeah, and if ya wanna chose to ignore TJ, ya can actually do it for real by goin to his profile page and hittin the “ignore posts by this member” function!!!!!

Who is TJwish? no posts come up from anyone by that name wink hahah

LOL
Why didnt I do that with Spanish!

Mizu Kuma - 14 October 2011 03:42 PM

Hahahahahah!! LOL

Aww we love ya TJ wink

K2 - LOL

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 15 October 2011 01:33 AM

LOL

Cause just like Billy loves TJ, you have always had a <strike>hard</strike> soft spot for Spanish!!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 15 October 2011 02:36 AM
K2_SnatchCrewSader - 15 October 2011 01:33 AM

LOL

Cause just like Billy loves TJ, you have always had a <strike>hard</strike> soft spot for Spanish!!!!!!

LOL

Mizu Kuma - 14 October 2011 03:04 PM

Yes! This will be so handy, thanks Mizu.