The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Anti-virus software doesn’t like forum

Heya Boxy.. just a heads up…

The last week whenever I open the forum, my virus scanner (Avast.. latest build) freaks out and blocks an object from being loaded.. This has never happened to me before and it only freaks out on this site.

Has anyone else reported this? Could there be some malicious code somewhere in the forum pages?

I can provide more detailed info tonight when I’m home if need be..

Cheers,

Hi antisense,

Thanks for letting us know. We will look into this.

Which internet browser are you using? Does it happen on only certain pages? What happens exactly? Could you send a screenshot?

Is anyone else having a similar problem?

neg issues with forums

using Symantec end point
chrome browser

i am fine no issues here…

I’ll post up the info (firefox version, OS version, AV build and last update, and blocked object info) when I get home tonight.

Probably should have posted this last night on my home PC when I had all the info in the first place smile

Thanks,

since you scared me anyways i ran a virus check

numerous tracking cookies came up

nothing too serious LOL

i use true OS LINUX

Righto.. details.

Every time I load any page at all on the forum I get the same warning from avast antivirus. See below info….

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp96/ambiguous_fortune/boardworld/forumscreengrab.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp96/ambiguous_fortune/boardworld/avastinfo.jpg

I’m using mozilla firefox version 3.6.22.

I’m sure it’s nothing, but kind of wierd that it’s the only site that gives me this error..

Anyway, hope this is if some help.

Thanks ^_^

Thanks mate, we’re looking into it.

antisense from looking at you screenshot the reason you seen that is because iFrame tags can be used to point meliciouse website by hackers ie lets say if boardworld was to be hacked they can put a link in Iframe section that will take you somewhere else and in specific avast has been very anal about it, it is not classified as a virus how ever i think the only way to fix this is for developer to remove IFrame ( I THINK), or maybe if avas center has a option to add this as exception for this website.

If my memory is correct that is the problem that you are experiencing or rather annoying messages.

yeah I get what you’re saying, but I’ve been browsing the site for many months on the same computer using Avast and never had a problem until around a week ago. I don’t know if avast examines the Iframe.inf file for malicious code or not but I would think it’s unlikely that it would just block all scripts like this from execution, as otherwise I’d get this same problem all over the web.

Unfortunately the program doesn’t offer detailed info on why the script was blocked…

I’m getting exactly the same! ^^^ Using avast aswell and mozilla firefox. It’s only started popping up recently.

Buy a Mac!!!!!  cool smirk

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I’ll let you know when I hear back from our developers.

Mizu Kuma - 11 November 2011 12:01 AM

Oh Miz You’re a MAC man downer

antisense - 11 November 2011 01:49 AM
Mizu Kuma - 11 November 2011 12:01 AM

Oh Miz You’re a MAC man downer

Yeah!!!!! And Virus Free as well!!!!!!  dance