The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Sponsors & Website

Hey Jez

just a thought, might add a bit of advertising dollars to have the sponsors/advertisers of the sight listed down the side of the forum section kinda like the Snow & Skate home page

little sponsor ads down the sides

anyway just a thought as i was looking for 1 of the advertisers and didn’t know where to look

We’ve played with that idea before. We decided it was really important to keep the forums clean with as little advertising as possible. That said, we can definitely put together a list of sponsors, with logos, and links, somewhere accessible to the forums.

Thoughts?

If anything I’d throw them all down the bottom - easily visible when scrolling down yet won’t interfere with all the forum subsections as they’ll still maintain the same appearance and priority on the landing page.

what pages get most hits?

i reckon forums more so than snow or skate home page?? esp if mizu is posting wink

maybe a list or banner at the bottom like finney said

i don’t mind the ads - as long as it isn’t too prolific wink

This is for you Cabby!!!!!! hmmm

Now that’s out of the way, I reckon that when ya click on any of the add banners that are currently at the top now, it could take ya to a separate page of all the sponsors with links, from there ya can see and access it all?????

That way the sponsors get good exposure and Boardworld still stays as clean as it is now!!!!!

Jez

This is what i did when i was doing something of my own which i ended selling and regrading it big time.

make another section on forum and call it Sponsors Advertisement or something like that then what you can do create a sub-forum in Sponsors Advertisement with names of company’s that actually are supporting you and give them full access to they section only so that they can post up deals/sales etc or end of year clearance, what this will do is actually promote them and promote the equipment that they have on sale, lets face it i don’t go on every web site ie Rhythm or STM or any other shops to see what they have on sale ( we only go if we hear from someone else), however if they had they on section here i am sure ppl will go there and see what is available.

it could look something like this.

Sponsors Advertisement (click to go to that section)
   L STM (Click to go to STM section) and under STM you can have they PICTURE LOGO
       L Promotion Sales (thread)
       L Mid Season Sale (thread)
and so on.

also what you can do is move the forum from center to left side and on the right side you can have LATEST OFFERS FROM OUR SPONSORS that is scrawling up and down or something on those lines.

Just my 5c

i had spare time so see the pic what i mean .