The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Surf section on Boardworld: serious questions…

Hey guys,

I know we discussed this some time ago but the time has finally come and we are bringing on sponsors and starting to build all the surf content. It’s a priority to get it up and running as soon as possible.

So the question are…

1. What content would you like to see in the the surf section? We will always have videos and news etc. More thinking about the Boardworld content (videos and articles for us to build).

So far we are building:

How to surf tutorial videos. These will start with basics then progress from there.

We are also building articles such as: board selection, board shapes and characteristics, fin selection etc.

Is there anything else you would like to see? I know surf spots have been mentioned however this is a huge undertaking and we are building a feature into the next update of Boardworld which will enable people to submit their own content i.e. skateparks, surf spots etc.

2. What contests and promotions would you like to see? We love the usual stuff i.e. photography contest. Can you think of anything else? Please keep in mind we want to use these contests/promos to get people participating in the forums.

Feel free to brainstorm and drop any ideas you might have here. Thank you in advance.

Come on guys, don’t be shy… wink

That background is amazing!
Pipeline and Backdoor?

Exercises/programs suited to getting beginners ready to not die trying to get past the break? maybe what to look for in a wetsuit, or places near good surf spots where gear can be rented?

A how to avoid the dangers????

Surf etiquette????

How to wax/repair/attach fins etc etc????

I have always wanted to do a girls learn to surf weekend - just puttin’ it out there!

spaz - 07 September 2011 04:42 AM

That background is amazing!
Pipeline and Backdoor?

I don’t think so. Might be though. One of the photographers we worked with on the last graphic update actually took that photo. I have a funny feeling it could be in Indo somewhere.

Advertisin surf spot can sometimes bring about a nasty backlash from some locals!!!!!

We wouldn’t expose any secret spots. Maybe just review public beaches and well known breaks.

Mizu Kuma - 07 September 2011 05:17 AM

A how to avoid the dangers????

Surf etiquette????

How to wax/repair/attach fins etc etc????

These are all good.

Keep them coming, guys! smile

I agree that it looks like Sunset!!!!!

The crowd and the waves distance from the sand, along with the backdoor closeout section look awfully similar if it ain’t!!!!!

im putting $5 on it being backdoor/pipeline

TR contest????

Surf trips are an integral part of the culture!!!!

A tight arse contest????

Who can find the best bargain in a board, pics/write up????

Surfers are renowned for bein extremely tight!!!!! Hahahhahaa!!!!

I would say don’t have anything to do with surfspots, there is shedload of websites devoted to that sort of thing and it only brings bad news as far as I’m concerned.

snowdragon - 07 September 2011 04:54 AM

Exercises/programs suited to getting beginners ready to not die trying to get past the break? maybe what to look for in a wetsuit, or places near good surf spots where gear can be rented?

By surf spots I was thinking more of say a place where you could rent a surfboard and be within walking of a surfable (beginner) beach.  or if you were headed to say Cronulla beach, where would be best place to rent a wetsuit kind of stuff.