The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

I want to ride da Half Pipe…

er….. thanks for the fashions tips guys but I um..have plenty of ‘padding’ already…...  LOL

hmmm…awkward….. red face

michelle

Aidy - will do wink

cheese

I would duggest that since it is summer and dry… get on a skateboard and get on the half pipe.
Not a smaller mini half, but a BIG one.

The reason I suggest this is so you learn how to “pump” the transitions in the pipe. the body movements and weight distributions from one foot to the other is the same on a skateboard as on a snowboard, and possibly a bit more exaggerated.

Drop your skate on the flat of the ramp and push toward one wall, dont turn bust just roll back and forth. learn how to work your legs and knees, so you can keep your speed, and even increase speed. to get higher up the walls.

The next step will be to make a turn on each wall, while keeping your speed.
Turn frontside and backside… turn on the nose instead of the tail…

Here you are now learning to ride in the pipe, keep your speed etc. and you’ve not even got to the lip.

Yes there is a lot to learn for the basics, but get out there and tackle it!

Aidy - 24 October 2011 09:30 PM

One last thing for your checklist littlefrog, watch as much video of Kazu (not shaun) riding pipe as possible!

haha, totally well put Aidy.  Lots of good riders to choose from Fredie Kalbermaten, Danny Kass, Danny Davis but NOT shaun, haha. have fun

learn to skate a vert ramp first….best “cross training” there is for pipe riding.