The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Feedback on my riding…

Hey finney, I couldn’t really see much in the video…

Yeah i know, there was another video which had some riding on Mt Perisher but by the sounds of it the memory card was left in the room at the station. bit disappointed with the lense fogging like that on the contour HD aswell although i think wet gloves and generally wet snow falling all day can be attributed to that.

hoping to get maybe one more weekend down there this season but just depends on cash since I need to save as much as I can for canada.

You’re heading back to Whistler, yeah? I can definitely organise some filming for you, or even better we can just go riding together. I’m sure we can get shaner to tag along too.

Yeah fingers crossed for whistler, still not getting any answers back from lift ops there so don’t know for sure if I’ve got my old job back. Definitely keen on a ride with anyone off here, rode with a couple of instructors there in the past but didn’t ask for any pointers off them, Mike Cunningham, Michael Barton, Chris Pursey and Brie Doerksen - from memory they were all instructors on whistler who i met through staff housing and from working on the village gondy at the start of the season. Always good to ride with people who know the area well since they know some cool spots like million dollar ridge etc.

Yeah, love Million Dollar Ridge…

You should be fine to get your job back as long as you have a visa. Give them a call for sure!

Yeah will be calling this weekend some time I think..

For those who aren’t sure about what million dollar ridge is like check out this random video i found on vimeo of khybers which is in the same area as million dollar ridge…

wow, finney, good times!
I’m wanting to get to any thoughts I have on this topic, but I’ve been slacking and just not getting my head in it.. I’ll get to it.

I’ll be keeping a blog throughout my season in Whistler…

Good move posting vidz and asking Q’s finney.

After 10 years boarding I picked up advice last year after posting my vidz here that improved my riding heaps.

Your photo looks good but your a long way off the gate. It’s more likely the photographer took the shot too late and is in a bad position (I work for Hot Shots)

If anyone wants video for analysis you can contact me when in Thredbo. I video 1 run for $35 and give you the video file on disc. That run could end up in my Daily Run video loaded on YouTube featured on my site and Boardworld.

Mizu Kuma - 06 August 2010 07:03 PM
finney - 06 August 2010 08:05 AM

For those who aren’t sure about what million dollar ridge is like check out this video of khybers which is in the same area as million dollar ridge…

Cool clip finney!!!! Make sure ya post heaps of stuff when ya over there!!!!!

yeah no worries mizu.. had a bit of a blog going last time I was over there so i’ll be sure to either resurrect that one (1st blog i’ve ever done so it’s nothing special.. just me ranting on about nothing so people back home had an idea of what i was up to - http://michaels-not-at.blogspot.com/) or start a new one. Depending on cash between now and then I’m hoping to have a new laptop an head cam for recording shenanigans on the mountain.

spaz - 07 August 2010 10:30 PM

Good move posting vidz and asking Q’s finney.

After 10 years boarding I picked up advice last year after posting my vidz here that improved my riding heaps.

Your photo looks good but your a long way off the gate. It’s more likely the photographer took the shot too late and is in a bad position (I work for Hot Shots)

If anyone wants video for analysis you can contact me when in Thredbo. I video 1 run for $35 and give you the video file on disc. That run could end up in my Daily Run video loaded on YouTube featured on my site and Boardworld.

Cheers for the tip on the keeping closer to the gate.. definitely noticed it when I went through the course and tried to get closer on a few but for my first time doing it I was stoked being the 2nd fastest through the course in my class.

@ Rider, lookin forward to your blog dude!! Hopefully I’ll be able to meet up with you in Whistler smile Also lookin at Silver Star and Big White for work though, mainly cause they have job fairs in mid Oct, whereas Whistler unfortunately has it early Nov. I’d rather not put my eggs into one basket (ie Whistler), so will prob try applying online very soon for interviews at the other two mountains.

@ finney, congrats on the 2nd place!! Will check out your old blog soon when I’ve got some time.

Cheers dan, unfortunately since it was best combined times of our 2 runs I wasn’t 2nd overall.. crashed out in the 2nd run but ended up 7th overall. Even so was pretty stoked with my time from the 1st run. If you’re going to be in Whistler or Big White I’ll probably see you there. Definitely meet up for a shred. As for the blog it was nothing special so don’t expect anything brilliant if you read through it as it was just a way of passing some time over there and talking trash. This time round I’m hoping to take it a little more seriously.

Ah right, my bad. Still 2nd on one of the runs is damn good.

Yeah meeting up in Canada would definitely be a good idea! Have you lived/worked at both Whistler and Big White before? It will be my first time in Canada, so looking forward to it! Am gonna apply online in the next couple of days for a few positions at Big White and Silver Star and hopefully line up an interview for mid Oct. By the sounds of the Whistler website, they wont have many jobs available for those not going through a recruiting program or who are over there at the moment. For example, their job expo is kinda late at early Nov (no date set) and they say it will mainly be part time and volunteer jobs on offer. How are you gonna go about finding work?

I’ve been speaking with my old boss in Whistler. Called this morning and spoke with her and by the sounds of it she tried sending me an email previously but I didn’t get anything so waiting for another email through now which I’m hoping has good news regarding work since she said all the paperwork was in the other office so she didn’t have access to it at the time. I’ve only worked in whistler but with my mate living in big white he has said he’d be able to ask around for me with other departments there and see what he can find out if I’m not successful with whistler.

I honestly think you will be fine if you get there for the job fair. The job fair is usually in October? I’ll see what I can find out for you…