The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Panoramics

Oh ok, comes out pretty good on the iPhone then.

Yeah mine were just done with Nexus 5 and Nexus 4 Android in-built pano mode.

K2_TeacherBoy - 24 February 2014 09:14 PM
Mudhoney - 24 February 2014 09:08 PM

can’t remember if I’ve posted these before.

Little Oberon Bay, Wilson’s Prom

I was there on Tuesday!

Nice!  Were the march flies deadly?

There was a couple, but not many. There were more at Squeeky beach

Squeeky beach is hella fun, i used to run along there dragging my feet LOL

Dan83 - 24 February 2014 11:38 PM

Oh ok, comes out pretty good on the iPhone then.

I prefer the iphone pano. Does a better job than what I could using photoshop and a DSLR. They look great and are instant.
Though sometimes it takes a few goes to get it right.

And if ur already got ur camera kit with you, make sure you buy an iPhone tripod holder. Using the iPhone for pano on a tripod gives the best result

First go at iPhone Pano’s. It’s hard to keep the phone steady when you’re puffing a lot and I kinda overdid it on these ones but they look alright.

Te Anau from the Kepler Track;

From the top of Mt Luxmore;

Nice shots unremarkable! shaka

I’ve done a few phone panos, but definitely prefer my dslr and a stitching program.. For those of you doing it this way, I highly recommend a program called PTGui, its all I ever use to stitch (I’ve tried a few and this it the easiest and most effective way, (imo))  and then I just crop and make other adjustments in light room, another small yet helpful bit of advice, again for dslr shooters is to try to over lap each image 30-50% in each direction.. I usually try for 50, (so line the next shot up around half way through the last one), you get a much smoother stitch smile

Also when I take them I generally start at the left of what I want to frame (usually add a photo either side to allow for cropping) and I go…

Up, right, down, right, up, right, down, right,  (that would be for 2 high, 4 wide, just add extra up and downs for a higher pano, etc)

Hope this helps a bit, panoramas are my preferred style of photos, and I’ve played around with them for about 7-8 years now!  (just wish I had more time (read: Less going on at work) so I could take more! But come snow season ill get a few! (I wana try to get some from around jindy of the lake and such)

Sweet! What’s that program worth? I have 360 degree photos from my DSLR taken from the top of Roys Peak (I posted one in the New Zealand 2014 thread) that would make an awesome pano. Does it take long? I think it’s 8 or 9 photos…. could be overkill?

A mate of mine had a copy and gave it to me smile, so not sure, and 8-9 photos is nothing, most of mine are around 15-20 photos.. (5x3, 6x3 or 7x3)  and each one takes me around 10mins to do, (just the stitching,) add another 10 or so for cropping and processing, see if there is a free trial, and give it a go?

It’s 79 euro (roughly $100 at a guess…?) for the basic version or 149 euro for the pro version. I think I only need basic. Might see if my photographer friend has something he can give me cheese before I go splashing cash. If anyone else is interested the link is below!

http://www.ptgui.com/order.html

The Bahamas

Need that like button

It’s been a while since we’ve had a post in here so I thought I’d add something different to the usual landscapes.

This one from God’s country.