The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Sequential photos

I have a Pano thread now, and decided to start a Sequential photos thread (as they dont really classify as panoramics,)

if you are unsure of what a sequential photo is exactly..

its basically what it sounds like.. a sequence of photos, taken and merged into one,

i did a few of my friends jumping in the Mt Blue Cow PSP Park in August,

and here they are:

(HEHE - he was in a Frog suit!!)

*Unfortunately, all but one of us are goofy.. and it was the afternoon.. we spent the morning at smiggins with a few freinds that came down for the first time on boards.. so the sun wasn’t working in my favour! haha will have to hit the park early next time!

if you guys have any, feel free to post them! smile

Thats cool, what program are you using to stitch them together?
Also what camera are you using?

I used Photoshop CS5 and took them with my Canon 5D MKII with the 28mm f/2.8 smile

you don’t really need to worry about watermarking your photos, we all play nice here & won’t steal them wink

haha i keep all my photos in lightroom, and i have it set to auto watermark them.. cos i put alot of them on facebook and deviantart etc, just easier that way, raspberry

Hey Holly,
Took this one a few seasons back.
Rider is Nik Grey. Mount Hotham. Soft country booter.

Nice work.  I haven’t done any snowboarding sequences, just mucked around with the kids on swings etc.  I used a freeware program called The Gimp, which is the default graphics editor on Linux but also available for PC.  It works fine and there are plenty of tutorials on the net about how to do it.

Yeah, it’s not snowboarding - but this is a low resolution copy of sequence I did for a magazine article about ten years ago:

Thats wicked Chuck, bucket load of work went into that !!!! shaka

Azz and Chucky, they are both awesome, Mudhoney, post them up anyway if you like. smile

Thanks Holly, I have some more, just need to find where I left them on my HDD red face

Azz - 23 October 2012 08:14 AM

Thats wicked Chuck, bucket load of work went into that !!!! shaka

Ta mate, yeah shitloads of work. When I first came up with the concept I had no idea how MUCH work!!!

We treated the photoshoot like stop-motion animation - because, of course, it was only supposed to LOOK like it was shot in one go. MUCH harder than a regular sequence. There was somewhere between 100-150 layers in Photoshop there - and the image dimensions had to accommodate a double page spread. The file size was MASSIVE!!!

dude if you don’t watermark that right now I’m going to rip it off vampire

I love sequentials. I’ll have to get some next year when I’m down. Hopefully I’m riding with people keen to go big enough smile

Gamblor - 24 October 2012 11:44 PM

dude if you don’t watermark that right now I’m going to rip it off vampire

LOL

I took these ones a few seasons back at Hotham

Munga, not quite getting it

Yeah Lad, stomping it!!!

I was playing around with dropping an image out of the set in the first one and using all in the second.
Shot with a Canon 50D, 18-200mm lens F5 @ 1/1250