The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Panoramics

Porteau Cove

^^ Beautiful shot, Skip.

The photo below was taken in Central Park, Manhattan, NY.

really like that one jez!

Just realised I’ve been a massive slacker, and I’ve totally forgotten to post the panoramics from my camping trip back in October…

The view from the headland, with crescent head in the distance, and point plomer beach to the left,

Another view from the same headland,

Point plomer beach (that low looking cloud to the left, is actually smoke from the fires that were at kempsy (there is cloud behind it) and of a night there was this red glow in the sky in that direction)

And lastly, further along the headland, looking south towards Port Macquarie

Great spot there h0z. I’ve driven the dirt track from PortMac a few times at various times in my life.
Started fishing with dad up there since I was very young and it was the first place I surfed.

I absolutely loved it!! How ever,, my Mazda did not.. Mazda 3 + unsealed really rutted dirt road, (from crescent head down to the camp ground)  and I was up for a new shock, as my old one started leaking.. and I have a nice dent in the drivers side quarter panel, behind the wheel arch.. (bottom corner) 

So next time ill have to convince a few friends to drive instead! It was such a nice place, and falling asleep with the sounds of the ocean was soooo good!  (even better waking up to sun rise and restarting the fire for a cuppa!)

*I had never been before..  a few mates had.. and had seen lots of non 4wd’s drive that road.. I even saw a few on the way.. guess mine just didn’t agree with it!  (its definitely more of a highway cruiser.. which suits the snow trips perfectly! LOL)

And it’s only a short drive on the dirt from Crescent (compared to Port)!
disappointed for your marsbar (mazda), hopefully the dent can easily be knocked out.

Sleeping with the sound of the ocean is the noise heaven makes.

nope.. its a dent, with a hole in it.. new quarter panel is on the shopping list.. :(  hopefully get a spare from a wreckers cheaper though..

and yes oceans sounds = win!

Broken Head, Byron Bay

Not a full pano but hope it’s wide enough wink

Took a couple of panos on my day off during bowlarama.

Rocks on Costal Walk, Bronte

Dan, I also quite like taking partial panos. Just nice doing a wider shot but not a full pano

Bondi from walk between Bondi and Tamarama

View from South Bondi Beach

can’t remember if I’ve posted these before.

Little Oberon Bay, Wilson’s Prom

Pic from a year ago, Norman Beach from Mt Oberon

Mudhoney - 24 February 2014 09:08 PM

can’t remember if I’ve posted these before.

Little Oberon Bay, Wilson’s Prom

I was there on Tuesday!

K2, yeah mine was taken with an ultra wide angle lens and cropped 16:9 to give it the semi pano look.

Are the bottom two pics an UWA or pano’s?

What does everyone use to stitch their pano’s? I know some cameras do it for you. I tried one pano with my new Canon s110 with the software provided with the camera, but I’d only really want to use the software if I can make it work with lightroom.

My bottom two? Pano, but only doing about 90 deg or somethin

And Im lazy, just do them on iphone using the iOS pano, not apps.

Was windy as and my hands werent steady, hence the clarity not being great