The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What are you doing this weekend?

Over the past few weekends Sydney has been rainy and ugly. I am finding that it’s getting colder and colder as well.

Now coming from Whistler when it gets colder that means the snow is coming but in Sydney’s case it only means there is more rain on the way. I don’t know about the rest of you but me and my boyfriend have been going stir crazy in the house without snow. There is not too much to do when it’s cold and wet and no snow.

This weekend our great adventure will be bowling!!

What are you doing this weekend and how are you coping without snow?

working all weekend, bring on the rain raspberry

Being manager at gridiron training like every Saturday :-(

Finishing off the Ensuite renovation !!!!!!!!!! No need to share the kids bathroom anymore WOO HOO !!!!!!!!!

11km tempo run this morning in the rain
Hang out with the 18 month niece tonight
2 hour mountain bike ride planned for tomorrow

gotta stay active/distracted when there is no snow smile

pub. watch sport. drink beer. Perfect pre-season training! raspberry

It is early summer here and a holiday, Memorial Day weekend. To remember those who have fought and died in past wars. So we have off work for many on Monday which is the actual day of the holiday. It is recognized nationally and most families and friends get together and cook out. It marks the beginning of summer for most.

I awoke this AM and went for a short run. I have a big race next Saturday, so I’m sort of resting and running less.
Then we (me, wife and baby) got in the car at around 1030 and drove 3 or so hours to my sister-in-law’s house for the day.
Tomorrow AM we wake up and drive about 3 more hours into Pennsylvania for a little pre-wedding party (we call them “showers” which I know sounds odd) we will have cake and gifts etc. and then drive back to my sister-in-law’s place for the night.
Then Monday wake up and drive the 3 hours back home and relax for the rest of the day…. and then back to work on Tuesday.

Leaving Sydney in a couple of hours. Heading to the snow to promote for the weekend (no riding GRRRR mad  ). I’ve left it too late, so I’m going to crash in Canberra tonight and hit the resorts tomorrow morning. If you see me handing out flyers at Thredbo or Perisher, be sure to come say HI.  grin

Hope you all have a great weekend!

BBQ tonight at a mates place, have a few beers eat a lot of steak and just chill out after a nuts week at work.

have heap of mates heading down to the snow this weekend but can’t afford it and even if I could I need to rest my ribs a bit longer before I head back up there since I don’t want to cause any more damage so kind of bummed I can’t make that.

Possibly heading out on the boat with my old man tomorrow afternoon which should be good provided the weather decides to play along.

Heading to Hotham tomorrow, my boys are riding in the Cheese & Crackered Rail Jam, part one of the A La Carte in the Park series.
No riding for me either Rider, but we’ll take a BIG heap of photos of the action.

I’ll hand out some BW flyers and stickers to the crowd as well and catch up with BD4 as well.

shopping for anniversary present tomorow at the city
drinks at bondi at lunch
dinner in the city at a jap restaurant
then karaoke in the city.. ..

sunday… nothing.. haha

nyteskye - 16 July 2010 08:32 AM

dinner in the city at a jap restaurant

YUM, I’m jealous, closest japanese food to here is 4 hours drive

I’ll keep an eye out for you rider!! also rider are you going to hand flyers out to any shops in Canberra?? Phat snowboard and adrenalne plus should be supportive but if you have no time I can do it on Sunday for you! Um I’ll be boarding tomorrow but will have to be in Canberra on Sunday for work!!

I have a 30th birthday party on a 56 foot Riviera tonight. 20 people, all food, all drinks… 5 hours of cruising the harbour. Should be a fun night!  grin

I have a family dinner tonight then I have a 21st tonight so should be fun, but mind you I have to drive 2 hrs for the 21st :(

What’s on the cards this weekend?

I need to get a bunch of work done as I’m heading to the Blue Mountains for a few days during the week.