The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Your Quiver — Post your ride here!

Rider, what’s the reasoning behind getting a joystick when you have the omni? and octorocker, right? aren’t they all similar boards?

The Joystick is 150, the Omni is 153 and the Octorocker is 155. I’m expecting it to ride similar to the Octorocker but there is a 5cm difference. The Joystick will definitely be used as more of a jib board, not to mention the Octorocker is in Canada. The Omni is fairly different; it’s stiff and has camber between the feet. I’ve been very keen on the Joystick since I tested it at the 2009 Burton product launch but unfortunately the 150 proved to be a difficult size to find. I actually had it on order with Burton Australia for ages, long before I got the Omni or Octorocker. Finally it arrived! Possibly an unnecessary purchase but I’m totally stoked on it - and that’s all that matters to me. Also it’s nice to have a quiver in each country so I don’t have to keep dragging boards across the world.  grin

How come I can’t see all pictures by imageshack? I did register.

Hmmm that’s weird. Is anyone else having problems seeing the images?

I could see them yesterday when you posted, but I cant see them now.

{edit} Ignore that. I can see everything fine

I can see some pictures like the one Mizu posted. But I can’t see others =(. It says “Domain Unregistered. To view, register at: bit.ly/imageshack-domain.

Burton severn 05, ride ex binding

2011 K2 Parkstar.
Union Force bindings.
Flow ‘the Ansr’ boots.. old but still doing the job.

I have recently just completed the set. I am sooooooo looking forward to this season!!

Decks:

157 Never Summer Proto CT (resort jibbing/jumps)
159 Never Summer Raptor (powder days and slackcountry)
161 Never Summer Heritage (in SL skin) Splitboard (destroying the backcountry!)

Photobucket

Binders
K2 Formula for the Proto
Union Force MC for the Raptor
Spark Blaze splitboard bindings for the Splitty

Photobucket

nice quiver!
those k2 binders look pretty good actually. Not a fan of union (i have the forces), but I can’t get over how awesome the sparks are.

What are those new Formulas like? I really wanna get a pair

cords - 18 June 2011 10:33 PM

Hey snowdragon, that Arbor looks so sick! I love the graphics on their boards. How does the heritage ride? My husband is on a Draft and he absolutely loves it. I would have gotten one as well for this year except it was just a bit out of my price range.

Hey Cords- She’s sneaky really, been on the sidelines for a while as the neversummer is my favored stick, but the Heritage has really good flex and responsive feel- an almost eagerness to her when I let her out of the cage shaka  been thinkin about giving the Ol Polar Bear a serious rest actually . .  (just don’t say that out loud!)  smirk but treats me real nice, definately a good inbetween pow/park board (I like all mountain char)

Gamblor - 26 June 2011 11:48 AM

nice quiver!
those k2 binders look pretty good actually. Not a fan of union (i have the forces), but I can’t get over how awesome the sparks are.

Hi mate,  The K2 binders are great.  Used them on the weekend and they were really comfy, super easy to adjust on the hill without any tools and i really like the flex of the highback for jibbing and riding, not too soft and not too stiff.

Retired:
  93 Burton Asym Air (asymmetrical, goofy) 160ish
  Sorrel Mt McKinley boots (basically a Sorrel boot with a ski boot liner stuffed in it)
  Burton 3 strap bindings (imagine strapping that up each time you get off the chair)

Current:
2000 Burton Custom 160ish
Burton Custom bindings
some Northwave boot from 2000

time to upgrade methinks!

2008 capita indoor survival (last year before the the FK came in)

2009 union cadet
2010 union contact sl
hated the toe caps on these so i switched them out with
cadet toe cap then rome 390 toe cap and finally flux RK30 toe caps

recently additions
2011 DC PBJ
2011 Flux DS45