The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What snowboard do you WANT this season?

What’s on your snow shopping list this year?

I dont know if I want it or not, but I rode an old Palmer Burn and loved it.
I’d like to ride another one.
I wanted to buy that one, but never did.

I’d like to check out some more Lib Tech boards too. I got to demo a few one year and they were nice, but there wasnt one that really hit me.
I tend to like the newer small companies. I’d like to see some Signal boards. (I really want to know who actually makes those boards?)
Then again some brands I’m just not interested in like that “yes we can” brand” I guess I feel it is too silly to be good or something. I cant see a company called YES snowboards making an excellent product.

I am actually really looking forward to testing a YES board this season. Some stores will be selling them around Australia this year. I will let you know how it goes…

I really want to demo a Hero also. That board just looks like so much fun.

I am in the market for an Uninc 53 - love those boards and this is the last year, so I might grab it.

So who is making the YES boards?
Anyone know?

I’m not sure, but I will ask the rep. He will probably be joining these forums soon.

I’m actually going to be interviewing the YES riders (JP, DCP, Romain) in the next few months.

Burton Fix….because my buddy loved his for popping around on everything this past season

I rode the fix.
It was quite soft and playful, but I suppose it was too soft for me.
Which is odd because I have been riding a softer board lately. (Rome Agent)

The fix has an odd shape, not just a reverse camber, but the contact points are turned upward, like the base is curved and not flat.
know this is great for spinning on a box, but I diddnt get in the park with it any. I only rode it 2 runs down the hill.
I liked being FLAT on the board, it was a little different and since th board was nice and soft it was noticeable.
But the board diddnt hold an edge as well as I would have liked it to, it’s sort of wobbled through the turn. If I were to have looked back at my line in the snow, it was probably squiggled and not a steady curve…Atleast that is how it felt.

My friend who had it really likes it though. He did UP his skills on the boxes with more confidence that I had seen him ever before, but he wasnt making some killer carved turns in between runs anymore.

snowslider - 15 June 2009 05:24 PM

I rode the fix.
It was quite soft and playful, but I suppose it was too soft for me.

It`s definitely too soft for the way I normally ride and it doesn`t hold an edge very well…

But Geoff was having so much fun popping stuff and spinning that he got me into that a bit..It was fun until i caught an edge with my UnInc and broke 3 ribs…

Maybe I`m looking for an “edgeless” board…..or full motocross protective style gear..

There’s always the Burton Dominant with no edges.

the dominant has always been a board that i have wanted…never tried one tho

this talk about the burton fix has me interested tho, might check that out as well

I have owned two Dominants. They are awesome for freestyle/park (I can ride the bigger one everywhere, just not in pow).

snowslider, regarding your question about YES, direct from the YES Rep…

They are made in the Rolle Factory, Switzerland.  Henry Nidecker owns this factory, it’s the oldest factory in Europe.

I can’t wait to ride one of these.

i would like to see what the DC boards are like and also the yes boards

as for graphics i wana ride the burton love haha

The Burton Love got banned in Whistler this past season.

No stores were allowed to sell them, and any employee who already owned one was not allowed to use it at work.

The girl on the 152… woah. There are all Playboy models from the 80’s if I remember correctly.

haha yeah ive seen that burton love…very nice

rider26 - 16 June 2009 06:35 AM

snowslider, regarding your question about YES, direct from the YES Rep…

They are made in the Rolle Factory, Switzerland.  Henry Nidecker owns this factory, it’s the oldest factory in Europe.

I can’t wait to ride one of these.

Cool thanks, I enjoy knowing stuff like this.

As for the Burton Love, I’m quite surprised they did that.