The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What exercise did you do today?

I started the 30 day ab challenge today. I’m doing it in addition to going to the gym but should be a little bit of fun smile

30 day abs challenge

Bikram yoga session (90 mins). Best session yet.

Going to do a legs workout and swim tomorrow.

My main motivation is getting into good shape for this winter, then hit Whistler in peak form (hopefully). Everything is starting to come together nicely — body is feeling quite good now. Can’t wait to get back on the snow!

blizzard_22 - 01 June 2014 04:53 PM

I started the 30 day ab challenge today. I’m doing it in addition to going to the gym but should be a little bit of fun smile

30 day abs challenge

I need to do something like that. Core is where I’ve been a bit lazy.

30 day abs challenge

I admire your dedication! I skipped training tonight cos it’s cold and I’m sore from the weekend and I had a long day ar work and a million other bad excuses :p

But I did do an hour kung fu training Saturday, learnt how to do dive rolls!
Sunday I did fitness kickboxing for the first time in a month or so, man did I feel sick after!! Our warm up alone was 4 mins skipping and then sprints followed immediately by 40 pushups and then 40 sits ups. Definitely need to make more of effort to do at least one fitness class a week.

I still havent been back to the gym, I am STILL sick rage follow up appt with doctor today. Pretty sure it’s a sinus infection.

I am definitely going to stick with the ab challenge, I think the only real struggle will be the leg raises! But we’ll see how we go.

If I can’t go to the gym, I just keep doing my body weight exercises at home. The last thing I was is to get lazy and give up. I want abs dammit!

rider26 - 02 June 2014 06:44 PM

30 day abs challenge

I need to do something like that. Core is where I’ve been a bit lazy.

Same!! I’ve got this link saved to start next week after a fam camping trip.

Did a 6km fast walk yesterday but ended up with some chaffing ......  shut eye doh!

So walking is a bit of a hard task today. Did squats, straight-leg deadlifts, leg extensions and calf raises last night.

So much hurt!

Did 2 hours kickboxing and kung fu training last night. Feeling it somewhat today! I reckon over the 2 hours of training easy did well over 100 push ups and 100+ sit ups including 2 sets of 25 sit ups and 10 pushups with our legs suspended on the bottom rope of the ring. All on our knuckles of course!

Also found out I’m doing my next Kung Fu grading next Wednesday. Slightly nervous cos I only did my last grading two weeks ago and I haven’t even finished learning the new one yet!

The 30 day ab challenge will be good for strengthening your core in a very specific plane of movement but as far as seeing visible abs at the end of it you’re going to be pushing the proverbial uphill.  Everyone has a 6 pack, depends on how much fat is covering it as to if it’s visible or not.  Without changing your diet and losing some bodyfat it’s not going to work, spot reduction is considered a myth.

I did a 90min Bikram yoga session last Friday, was pretty difficult more so from the heat than anything else.  I don’t deal with heat that well and the last 20 mins or so I was having to really concentrate on not freaking out and running for the door as I was struggling to breathe the hot humid air.  The instructor and my gf seemed to think I did really well for my first time to get through the whole thing The next day I felt tighter than I usually do from doing weights, not at all what I expected, was weird. 

Been running and playing tennis a fair bit, did a 4km run on Monday in 19 mins as well as 90mins of tennis, did an hour of pilates on Tuesday and a really fast 3km run, 60mins of weights and 90mins of tennis yesterday but the way work is going today probably be an off day!

NBG - 12 June 2014 04:00 PM

The 30 day ab challenge will be good for strengthening your core in a very specific plane of movement but as far as seeing visible abs at the end of it you’re going to be pushing the proverbial uphill.  Everyone has a 6 pack, depends on how much fat is covering it as to if it’s visible or not.  Without changing your diet and losing some bodyfat it’s not going to work, spot reduction is considered a myth.

Im currently under 20% bodyfat. I’m not only doing the ab challenge I’m also still going to the gym 3 times a week. The ab challenge is just something I am doing with a friend.

Tonight did arms and back at the gym:
Lat pulldown, seated row,  overhead tricep extension, side lateral raise, dumbbell shoulder press, hammer dumbbell curl, barbell curl, dumbbell bicep curl, pull-ups, cycling. Smashed it!

Didn’t go today, but yesterdays crossfit session was:

20Mins to find a 1 Rep Max Deadlift - 105kg for me, PB. Quite pleased with this as I haven’t done much deadlift.

10 Minutes - Every minute on minute:
odd - 8 toes to bar
even - 3 deadlifts at 70%

Workout - ‘Annie’

50, 40, 30, 20, 10 - for time

Double unders with skipping rope
Full range sit ups

Chest and Core day in the gym today.

Sit-ups, crunches, leg raises, planking, bench press, dumbbell pullovers, dumbbell flyes, dumbbell raises, pull-ups, woodchoppers, cable crunches and cycling. Big session!

Still training anywhere between 3-5 times a week in kickboxing and kung fu. Hopefully staying in shape over the summer means snowboarding isn’t going to hurt so bad tomorrow!

Last night our trainer thought he would get us used to the idea of fighting when we are dizzy/disoriented like you would feel if you got punched in the head. Basically had to do 10 dive rolls one after the other and then jump up and do 10 quick roundhouse kicks on each leg. I have a new found respect for fighters now, they make it look so easy to stay balanced and in control when they must be so dizzy and exhausted!!

Yep I’m maintaining my 3 gym sessions a week as well as the ab challenge (which has almost finished!)

Last night did: Lat pulldown, seated row, overhead tricep extensions, one arm lateral raise, dumbbell shoulder press, alternate hammer curl and 15mins of cycling.

I smashed my legs on Tuesday: Leg extensions, calf raises, deadlifts and squats. Hopefully this will stop me from hurting after my first day of shredding!

I’m doing the 10 min ab workout today, hope it helps! smile