The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What exercise did you do today?

Did an hour of kickboxing tonight followed by an hour of kung fu. Then did my first kung fu grading and passed! All in all a pretty good night at training.

Did a 4km SUP yesterday, hadn’t been for a while and surprised myself with an average speed of 7.8kmh which is very decent for me.  Backed that up with an hour of weights circuit and some hill sprints, at this rate I should be in reasonable shape this season.

Tuesday: swam 1.5km
Wednesday: swam 0.5.km (ran out of time haha)
Today: bikram yoga session

Today’s bikram session was so much better than last week’s (in which I almost died).

I’m still going to the gym three times a week. Tonight was arms and back, I also added in some cable crunches for the sake of it.

Physically rolled out 8 tonnes of conveyor belt after the winch shit itself.

Good times!

First paddle (surf ski) in 8 weeks. Surprisingly the water isn’t too bad when launching etc, wouldn’t want to fall in though.

5.1km in 44:44.

Didn’t go too far out as decent northerlies and had a beginner with us (he took a swim, poor guy). Plus the SUP sucks for northerlies & getting back to the beach. As a result the Garmin data is great.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/506361630

Surfed for an hour this morning. Followed it up with a 5km sand run and 60 push ups smile

Burning candle at both ends caught up with me, been feeling off like almost sick for a week but trained anyway. Feels like I did 5000 situps last night when in reality all I did was try to cough up my lungs and other internal organs all night.

I know that feeling.

I slept for 30 out of 36 hours between Monday night & this morning.

Yesterday: lifted weights, biked 6km, stretched, swam 1km
Today: did my legs and chest today, then swam 1km.
Tomorrow: bikram yoga (kill me).

I have a cold so haven’t been able to go to the gym this week, but have built a home session that I can take my time doing and not spread germs. All exercises are body weight so I don’t need any equipment either:

<ul>
<li>lunges</li>
<li>reverse lunges</li>
<li>squats</li>
<li>donkey kicks</li>
<li>side lunges</li>
<li>wall sit</li>
<li>push ups</li>
<li>mountain climbers</li>
<li>oblique crunches</li>
<li>planks</li>
<li>side crunch</li>
<li>side plank</li>
<li>bicycles</li>
</ul>

hey Blizz try walking planks, lift your left arm up from elbow to hand and then right the same and then back down from hand to elbow on left and then the right aand repeat 5 times that way and then 5 times starting with the right side.

^they’re great, feel so uncoordinated at first though when you get you left and right mixed up

I’ll have to try find a video on how exactly it’s done lol

They make us do those at kickboxing, 1 min plank with 5 walking plank/getups at 20sec and 40sec. They’re a nice break from plank!

I think my least favourite is when they make us get in plank position and then move horizontally the whole way across the room and back on toes and elbows. Now that’s just cruel!