The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Tafe Assignment

hi there everyone i got this tafe/collage assignment where i need to ask 5 questions on the subject of snowboarding i hope someone/‘s can help me out :D.

1. what style of snowboarder are you - jibbing, freeriding, freestyle, freecarver

2. what got you into snowboarding?

3. what kind of music do you listen to while you snowboard if any?

4. what brand of cloths do you look for?

5. what brand of snowboards do you look out for?

Thank you very much smile

1: Hardboot hellman
2: Acid
3: dubstep
4: Cheap ones
5: Expensive ones

you are welcome

1. A bit of everything. Mostly freeride.

2. Combination of a surfing background and random ski trip.

3. Varied. Mostly hip hop.

4. No particular brands. Rather I buy what colour/style/fit I like.

5. I have certain brands I look to first. Burton and YES woud probably be the first two I look at but I would definitely consider others. Again, it’s not really the brand, rather the tech/specs/shape/features I look for.

All good. Welcome to Boardworld. cool smile

1. Freestyle
2. Snowboard vids
3. Stainless steel on steel
4. Snowboard brands
5. Burton

.....in seriousness though -
freestyle,
a girl,
a mix, usually small labels or gear that doesn’t look like a billboard,
boards that are made with environmentally friendly materials/processes where possible and those that sponsor boardworld.

You can make a poll on here as well, maybe that would get more responses and weed out the answers like my first one.

you should stick around BW when the assignment is done. its fun around here.

1. what style of snowboarder are you? A mix of all styles really. I enjoy doing lots of different things depending on snow conditions/weather/mental state at the time

2. what got you into snowboarding? Family snow trip to a friends lodge @Guthega when i was little

3. what kind of music do you listen to while you snowboard if any? I dont ride and listen to tunes, since i always ride with mates and like to hear what they say etc. But the tunes i would listen to if i did listen would depend on the type of riding i was doing. Such as;
  Park - Heavy Metal, dubstep, drum and bass
  Pow - Something cruisey
  Freeriding/jibbing etc - a mix of the above i guess. I like a hell of a lot of styles of music.

4. what brand of clothes do you look for? No preference on brands. Just what looks good, but i do try to avoid Burton for no rational reason other than 100,000 other people on the mountain will be wearing the exact same thing. Have found myself buying Airblaster and Volcom repeatedly over the years though.

5. what brand of snowboards do you look out for? I am really, really enjoying the things YES have been doing. I got one of their boards when they first released them. Its the funnest board i have ridden and i respect what direction the company is taking so i will continue to support them as long as they keep producing boards i enjoy to ride.

1: I love all aspects of Snowboarding (and there are more than 4 wink but if anything I would say Freestyle.

2: A childhood of varies “Extreme Sports” until I eventually found one the one that suited me best.

3: Hip Hop for Rails, Rock/Metal for jumps and a cruisey mix for Powder & Freeriding.

4: Any brand that I trust, with the best colours. Local brands run by people i know.

5: I’m a pretty big fan of Arbor, for the awesome boards they make and the way they make them.
  I’m currently on my first Endeavor and apart from being a bit heavy I’m really impressed by it. And they’re priced well too.

My 2c

1. Backcountry (Lift ticket is a swear word)

2.Lived in Europe for two years , not much surf but heaps of snow!

3. Don’t listen to any while riding

4. ARCTERYX / MOUNTAIN DESIGNS (Goretex shell), ICE BREAKER (Merino layers), MOUNTAIN DESIGNS (Down for basecamp).

5. Venture, Voile and Firstlight.

Cheers

Adam

1. what style of snowboarder are you?- Freeride, freestyle, jib. Bit of everything, makes things more fun.

2. what got you into snowboarding?- Skateboarding

3. what kind of music do you listen to while you snowboard if any?- Don’t really listen to any, bit of everything if I do though.

4. what brand of clothes do you look for?- Don’t really stick to one brand. Has to have good waterproof/breathability, and look decent though. Favourites would be Analog, and Volcom at the moment.

5. what brand of snowboards do you look out for?- Last 2 boards have been K2, one before that was Rome. Been happy with both. Looking at a Lib Tech or Gnu next i think..

1. what style of snowboarder are you - jibbing, freeriding, freestyle, freecarver

freeride

Tried it as an alternative to skiing

nil

4. what brand of cloths do you look for?

I’m not really brand-focused; I look for gear with the right technology.

For years I would not consider anything other than Burton.  Now I have educated myself through sites such as Boardworld and other review sites and would look for YES, Signal, Arbor, Jones, Never Summer and yes, still Burton.

1. Most likely freestyle I think but I like a lot of different aspects.

2. I did a little bit of it when I was in my teens but became to expensive when I had to pay for it myself, went and lived in Melbourne and it was too damn cold to surf through winter so I took up snowboarding again.

3. I have often thought about music while riding as I used to ride by myself a lot but never did it.

4. Burton, Quiksilver, Analog, Foursquare, Oakley, Ride.

5. Lib Tech, Gnu, occasionally I will have a squiz at Yes, Ride, K2, Rome but never bought one.

Freestyle and jibbing is what I enjoy most probably, but enjoy freeriding sometimes too.

My brother and one of my brother’s friends got me keen to do it, but some of my friends taking it up helped me actually try it, about 10 years after that!

Everything! Rap, 80s, metal, pop, Classic rock, Musical soundtracks, film sound tracks…Country is probably the only genre I don’t really listen to.

4. what brand of clothes do you look for?
Anything that is cheap, fits, has the right features and I think looks cool.

I’ve only had 3 snowboards and they’ve been Rossignol, Omatic and now Nitro. I think I’d like a Bataleon Evil Twin next, I have a feeling it will be my dream board!

1) what style of snowboarder are you?  freecarver
2) what got you into snowboarding?  I saw a picture in a magazine, this guy had killer shades on and a pink headband and he was laying down the freest carves you could imagine!
3) what kind of music do you listen to while you snowboard if any? Jazz man, new orleans jazz.
4) what brand of cloths do you look for?  I like to keep it low key dull red jacket and black pants, lets the freeness of the carve speak for itself.
5) what brand of snowboards do you look out for?  I actually make my own, I had to change a door which had slightly warped due to a small ceiling leak, I figured why not use the wood to make some boards, voila!

Still cant quite believe I answered this….do you think they will even come back?

Aidy - 01 August 2012 08:10 AM

2) what got you into snowboarding?  I saw a picture in a magazine, this guy had killer shades on and a pink headband and he was laying down the freest carves you could imagine!
3) what kind of music do you listen to while you snowboard if any? Jazz man, new orleans jazz.
4) what brand of cloths do you look for?  I like to keep it low key dull red jacket and black pants, lets the freeness of the carve speak for itself.
5) what brand of snowboards do you look out for?  I actually make my own, I had to change a door which had slightly warped due to a small ceiling leak, I figured why not use the wood to make some boards, voila!

haha. I have a spare door, can you whip up a board for me?

CRACKERS - 01 August 2012 12:49 PM
Aidy - 01 August 2012 08:10 AM

haha. I have a spare door, can you whip up a board for me?

We shouldn’t talk about this sort of thing on boardworld!!  I haven’t come to an agreement with the boss about how many free decks to give him if he advertises my brand on boardworld!