The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

How do riders get sponsored by boarding companies?

Hi guys I just really started to get into snowboarding last year and I really want to improve my skills and get a sponsorship so I just wanted to ask,
What do companies look for in a snowboarder in order to offer them a sponsorship?
How do they see your skills?

lots of hard work, or a freekish natural talent. But i wonder if you are even doing it for the right reasons if a sponsorship is your goal, i dont want to come off all long haired hippy here but do it for the love first, not the dollars!

yep, the chances of getting enough out of it that you don’t need another job are pretty slim…you can always work back-to-back seasons though…work at night, ride during the day and live the dream!

How good are you at snowboarding? If you have only just started to get into it you a re years off being good enough to get a solid sponsorship (unless you have a freakish nature to pick things up really quick)

Thanks for posting the links, ozgirl. smile

Getting sponsored takes a lot of dedication. Your best bet it starting local with your local snowboard store.

But seriously, if you focus too hard on sponsorship, you’re going to put too much pressure on yourself and suck the fun out of snowboarding. You progress when you’re having fun, so this can be counter-productive. Just get out there, have fun and shred as much as you can. Always pop into your local stores and make yourself known. Main point: don’t stress about it, just ride and try to network in your local scene.

Its not that simple for everybody to boarding but you can surely learn all the tricks and tips from professionals as I am also learning writing with essay writing service online professionals writer who can do writing with me and make a full work that can make you a good writer.